Tuesday 16 June 2009

About Peter

My name is Peter, and I teach in the Academic English Program at AUA.
What are my academic interests? My earliest interests in anything academic began when I started high school. From day 1, I loved science. I used to read my science text books on the bus to and from school, and I read a lot more than we did in class. I thought it was wonderful learning about how the things around me, the trees, rocks, and everything else, were created and worked. At first, I loved biology the most, but then I moved to chemistry, and finally physics. And my all time favourite subject in high school was mathematics. I loved it. It seemed magical to me that it could give explanations of so many things in neat and simple formulae, and that things could be proven with 100% certainty.

After high school, I studied physics and mathematics at university as part of a science degree. However, I had also become interested in philosophy in high school, so I switched to a humanities degree. I continued studying pure mathematics, but my major became philosophy, and a couple of languages.

Today, I still read science magazines and books on science, and I continue to read and study philosophy. I also read history and literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.