Wednesday 17 June 2009

What Peter Reads

I read a lot. I have to read for work, and I read in my free time to relax or to learn new things. I read books: novels, history, and philosophy are the usual books I read. I also read a few magazines every week. My two favourite magazines are The Economist, and New Scientist. Both of these are available online now. I only subscribe to the online version of The Economist, so I always read it online. I like The Economist because it is very well written, carefully researched, and it covers a wide range of topics, not just economics, but also politics, business, social issues, science and technology. New Scientist, as the name suggests, is a science magazine. Although I subscribe to the printed version, I usually also read the online version of New Scientist. It is much more convenient than the printed magazine, and it's much easier to search online.
For my daily news, I rely on the BBC News website. I have a look at The Nation most days, but I don't like it very much. The quality of the English is so-so, and there isn't much critical thinking there, but it is a reasonable source for local news on some topics.

And how about you? What do you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.