Sunday 21 June 2009

A Pleasant Denouement at Luang Prabang.

Two days ago, I read a nice story on the Weekend. It was a free coppy that I took from my school at the AUA. The title is "A Pleasant Denouement at Luang prabang" (2009). It was a really good story about how a beautiful of Luang Prabang. I though it was useful for people who love travel. I like travelling. Every trip I always learnt new things. I have done many trip around Thailand such as our tourist area,with my family and friends. we are always seeking for a new place where we can travel again. Luang Prabang is a city located in north central Laos. It is a peachful city,with a population of about 103,000. In the story, There are lots of beautiful pictures. where are popular areas, Such as Royal Palace,Laos National Museum,Falls and Temples.

Laos is very close to Thailand. I think we have a similar culture,but Thailand is more modern than Laos. People in Loas are still keep their life with the nationral. It is not cost me alot to visit Luang Prabang. Because It is close to my home town. Travelling allows me to see things diferent. I will think about Luang Prabang for my next trip sure.

__________
References
Chomdhauat, S. (2009, June 12). A Pleasant Denouement at Luang Prabang. Weekend.

9 comments:

  1. What does denouement mean?
    It's a wonderful word, but how did it come to be in your title?

    Have you been to Lao or Luang Prabang before?
    Do you think it is better to keep to traditional lifestyles or to modernize? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denouement is the final of the trip. I love travel,so I am interesting to read a book or magazine that write about travel. I always find some new place that I can go but not cost me alot. I have never been at Lao but I really like to visit there. I prefer both of traditional lifestyles and modernize. Sometime when I get mad from busy life in BKK. I prefer to relax in somewhere that peachful and fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like traditional lifestyles as a writer. This writing is pretty good but It's small font for read. It's need more check spelling and grammar. For example, "Every trip I always learnt new things" it's incorrect tense and the nationral is incorrect spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think the spelling and small grammar mistakes matter. They are not important because the meaning is still clear, and even native English users make frequent spelling and other mistakes when they are writing quickly.
    I someteims make such mistakes, and if I don't notice them before I presss "Post Comment", I usually don't worry about them. I only worry if they make my ideas unclear for readers.

    In fact, there are more, and more serious, grammar and spelling mistakes in newspapers like The Nation and The Bangkok Post than in Biab's short blog post. In fact, that is one reason why I did not put links to those local newspapers: they are low quality both in English and in critical thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But the small font is a problem. That makes it hard to read. I think the problem is that Biab wrote her post in MS Word or something and then copied and pasted into the blog. It's better just to write in teh blog, and then publish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I was wrong about the font.
    Biab set it to Times, and that is not so good for online display of text. The default font that I set it to is better for reading online.
    If she wants to Biab can edit her post to change it to Arial or Verdana, which are better for test read on a computer monitor.
    Times New Roman is best for paper texts, and is standard for formal academic writing that is likely to be printed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice!
    I never been Luang prabang before but I think Luang prabang is interesting place to visit, it was naturally more than thailand.Luang prabang is one of place I will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um..
    Idon't know about Luang Prabang but i know this place for travel.But i think if there is beautiful but i don't want to go there be cuase is be north in Lao.But i thing in Lao is very sheap from thailand or anynation.

    Sorry peter to day i can't feel good i just wake at 21.30 Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.