Wednesday 10 July 2019

Oak's experience about SAT exam

Almost two years ago I decided to get into the International School of Engineering (CU) after I graduated from high school because I think this faculty is pretty good for my future career and another reason is it's requirement needs only SAT score and IELTS test so I would not to do any GAT/PAT test that might be extremely hard for me but SAT test is not easy too. For the first year I just started to prepare for a test, my score is really poor and it's almost made me giving up but I began to think that I was not study and practice enough and many student who smarter than me want to join to this faculty too. If I'm not trying harder, I will not have any chance. In the last year I took a lot of practice test and finally got a good score for to be applied to this university. This story teach me a lot of lesson. it shows that you can be successful if you try hard enough.

2 comments:

  1. I think the topic sentence is 'SAT is not easy' that tells readers directly about main idea.
    Main idea was well supported by giving the solution of how you passed though this.
    Although there is only one support but it is strong and resonably related to the background details which consist of the reason of this challenge, your first disappointment, and your strong ambition to get higher score of the test.

    The conclusion tells readers "the end" by telling what you have learnt from it and the close sentence might lead and encourage readers do not give up like what you did.

    From my opinion, I like the way you relate each idea together like
    the background reason-how important the SAT test is.
    Unimpressed result - why it happened - the solution

    By the way, congratulation on your hard working that resulted in expected outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Oak's topic sentence is the concluding sentence, although a stronger one might have been created by combining the two ideas from the last two sentences into one, and perhaps restating the chosen topic.
      The first very long sentence strung together with a lot of coordinating conjunctions might be too long. And it gives details rather than stating a main idea for the paragraph.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.