Wednesday 10 July 2019

Now: Fear of suffering or suffering itself.

After experiencing unforgettable hard work that made me overcame my own limitation, I found that  personal attitudes, which are ambitious and optimistic, are very important key to success. Threw back to summer break last year, My friend and I were chosen to be a school representatives to join science project competition in Russia. This program was very popular which made many student set high expectation to my group's work. At that time I was very worried because of the peer pressure and also my own limitation. I used to be a quiet student in class, so presentation in front of many people made me feel uncomfortable and this time it became worse because the audience was foreigners who were strangers. Although, I worked very hard in laboratory for the best results of the experiment, I gradually felt more depressed and wanted to give up. What made me changed my attitude toward this competition was my advisor words which were "tell yourself that fear of suffering is worse than suffering itself". That sentence woke me up from depression and change my point of view. I began to think positively that my work was very interesting and wasn't worse than the others. I practiced the presentation everyday in front of the mirror and every time I was free. Finally, I can presented with confidence and won silver medal from the competition.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your story is really amazing and it's very similar to my story
    (about presentation challenge). Your writing skill is excellent so that I can follow up with your story together with how you express your feeling that makes me truly understand how you felt that moment.Lastly, Congratulation with your success from the competition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woooooow, lately, I have read the stories of both of you guys. Both of your stories are quite similar because the stories are about a huge fear of presenting in front of plenty of audiences. Anyways, you guys had practiced so extremely hard and completely overcame your fears. Finally, both of you achieved the great results. I am really so proud of you guys and would like to say "Congratulations".

      Delete
    2. Like Eng, I found the stories of both Now and Tu to be great examples of overcoming a fear of performing in front of others in public.
      But as a review, we also expect some comment on the quality of Now's writing, which I thought very good, with a strong main idea that answers the question solidly supported in the lead up to her concluding sentence. I thought the topic sentence could more clearly have referred to, or even told us, a specific topic, but it's still very well done for a timed piece of writing.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.