Wednesday 10 July 2019

Eng's experiences and main factors before getting admitted to university

There are many main factors in order to get admitted to university; for instance, your dream university, required score exam, and good encouragement. First of all, when I was in high school, I had considered about which faculty and university that I wanted to study. At that time, there were only two faculties that I expected, namely, Chulalongkorn University (CU) and Thamasat University (TU). Personally, both of them were the top-raking university in Thailand and it was very difficult for me to choose only one of them. However, then, I talked this story with my parents, they strongly suggested me that I should pick CU to be the first choice and the second choice was TU. After having considered carefully, I decided to study at Faculty of Commerce and Accountancy in CU finally. In addition, before I got admitted to CU, I had to pass the exams of Thailand Admission. Back then, there were a lot of subjects; for instance, English, Math, Biology, Chemistry, and so on for high school students who need to continue their education in university. Fortunately, My faculty required me only two score tests in English and Math seeing that to study in the faculty, students had to have better knowledge in second language and Mathematics. However, unfortunately, I was really bad at English. Therefore, I had to practice extremely hard and every day. After I finished the class in my school, I always went to the English tutorial school, Enconcept, in order to practice my English skills. I have promised to myself that I will keep on practicing English until I die, I won't surely stop doing it because I actually guess that learning and studying are limitless and never too late for everyone. Lastly, to be honest, I can not forget to say about them. My family, friends and teacher, who had always supported me until I achieved my goal, were the most important part of my success. Without them, I would not have been successful like this for sure. From then to my successful day, When I was completely tired, when I wanted to give up on my dream, they stayed by my side and always consoled me and said to me "you could definitely do it, you had to verify your own capabilities so as to let everyone know that you were the best". Every time I heard that I felt like I got plenty of energy and encouragements from them and that made me very ready to clench my teeth and keep pursuing my goal. Hence, these three main factors that I have mentioned above are the most essentail things that you should consider carefully and have them before preparation for your dream university. Please always bare in mind that you are the only unique one in the world, no one is perfectly like you, so there is only you who can do it, JUST DO IT!

5 comments:

  1. After reading Eng’s paragraph, I really like the way he tells his story. The flow of the paragraph is very easy to follow and as a reader I can read the whole paragraph fluently without confusion. Moreover, I think Eng’s typing skill is excellent. He can type this whole paragraph in a short period of time which makes me feel a little bit surprised.

    On the other hand, focusing on the topic sentence, his topic sentence states his main idea but I think if he briefly tells reader what are the main factors, the topic sentence will be clearer and better. However, for the following supports, he clearly explain the factors he mentioned in his topic which I personally like his organization. The supports link to each other and explain from the beginning, deciding the university, until his sucess. Finally, the conclusion completely states that this is the end of the paragraph and he also mentioned a quote which I really like and quite sure that it will remain in my mind after reading his paragraph.

    Overall, this paragraph is easy to follow and clearly answer the question. However, I have one more question which is how do you know that you are already successful in your life but no worries I have no problem with the paragraph and again I like it indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Firstly, I have to thank you for your compliment to my essay and writing skill. While I was reading your first paragraph, I was a little bit shy and I didn't know my face turned red or not hahaha. And for your question in the last paragraph, Frankly, I just thought that getting admitted to famous university is that one of my dream and 2 years ago, I could finally achieve it and it was one of my successes. I strongly believe that in the future, I will have to confront with a lot of harder problems and also have to come up with the best ways to solve them. Anyways, I think that I'm still not successful in my entire life yet because i'm just 20 and my story above was just the first step and another chapter of my life, but at this moment, I dare to say that I am already successful in the life of high school student who had the big dream to study at Chulalongkorn University. Thank you indeed again for your comment.

      Delete
    3. Just a moment ago, I edited my essay by following your suggestion. So, it will be good if you read it again and give me some new comments. Thanks in advance.

      Delete
    4. I rather wish that Eng had not edited the paragraph (not an essay). As I read the current version, I had agreed with Now's comment about the topic sentence, so was pleased to see that she had had the same idea as me.
      And will Eng now edit again?

      You can edit your own blog posts, and that is a sensible response to review comments. However, on the blog, I prefer, and it's more usual, to leave work as written when published, if necessary adding comments, which can be a good way to respond to review or other responses from readers.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.