Wednesday 10 July 2019

Tu's Pubic Speaking Experience

The year before last year, I was selected to be a representative from Chulalongkorn Engineering School to present about my Engineering school in  the Open house day . Speaking in front of more than 1,000 people in the hall was not an easy task for a people who do not have a public speaking experience like me so I felt really excited.Firstly, I enrolled in Public Speaking Class which can help me to prepare my presentation .Secondly, I have rehearsed my speech over and over with my professor in the class so I got a  feedback that can help me develop my presentation.After that ,I have practiced speaking in front of the mirror over and over every night.On the Presentation day , I did it very well as I have practiced too many times so I felt that we can do everything that we want if we have enough ambitious and determination.

2 comments:

  1. I think the topic sentence is speaking in front of more that 1000 people isn’t an easy task for you and I think supporting sentences support your topic sentence very well by telling how you can achieve it and these supporting sentences can smoothly lead the reader to the conclusion which is we can do everything if we have ambitions and determination.

    I like your organization I think it is strong because it makes me easily understand your whole paragraph. By the way congratulations for your achievement, you have practiced so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you June for the strong review of Tu's paragraph. I agree with your comments, but would add that a little more detail might have been useful in the supporting sentences. As a reader, I wanted to know when this happened, and what is an open house, exactly? And what public speaking class did Tu enrol in? For how long? But I like the details such as practicising in front of a mirror.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.