Thursday 26 March 2020

Beck's BBC Article

Summary 

Eater must use their chopstick to clamped the noodles 
According to "Where you must catch your meal with chopsticks" (Gorge, 2019). As we know the most famous summer food in Japan, Nagashi Somen. This food is invented in 1950s in the town on Kyushe island, in the past it’s only local famer dish for summer but now it’s famous in Japan on summer period.
The restaurant that has Nagashi Somen locate in beautiful nature areas such as waterfall, forest etc. Nogashi Somen is a group of moving noodles in bamboo trunk that has cool water flowing inside. Chef put noodle into the cool water for eating. So,the eaters use their chopstick into the stream, champ it and dip in their sauce. Nogashi Somen serves with green onion and ginger but sometimes, it’ll serve with mint, mushrooms, crab, shrimp or seaweed.

After they catch their noodle, they dip in sauce.
____________________________________ 

Response 

                My reason for choosing this topic is I like to see the special thing in another country such as food, culture, traditional, daily life. In my country, Thailand, we have summer food that is a Kaao Chae. Kaao Chae is traditional food in Thailand, Thai people usually eat it in Songkran Festival because it socks rice in flower cool water and serving with fish, pork, Thai onion or chili. And Now this topic shows us, which food does Japanese people choose to relax from the weather. Nagashi Somen is a local food at Kyushu island but now today it is well-known in every region in Japan.
               Nagashi Somen that is the most Japanese food that I want to try  because I have to see it many times in amine (Japanese cartoon in Thailand, you can call it “amine”) but when I have chances to travel in Japan, I haven’t seen Nagashi Somen any times . However, now I know the real cause that I haven’t see it because I go to wrong place according this article “The Nagashi Somen restaurant is locate in peaceful place such as waterfall, forest, local island”.
               Now, If I have a chance to go to Japan, I must try it by myself. Before this month, I think I’ll go to Japan in Dec,2020 but now in Thailand and in Japan we have coronavirus critically, my plan will be postpone it and Nagashi Somen is a food that we have to use a dish together – I think it isn’t good idea to eat it now.
 
____________________________________ 

Question

Which food do you eat in summer?

____________________________________ 

Reference

2 comments:

  1. In summer, I love to have an ice-cream and I used to believe that we should not have an ice-cream during cold season since we might get cold easily. In Thailand, we do not have a real winter seasons so eating an ice-cream in any season have no different.

    Last year, I stayed in Busan for six months, and during winter time my Indian friend want to treat me an ice-cream, at first I refused and told him I personally not having an ice-cream in winter, he was surprised by my answer and he told me I missed the best thing in life. Finally, I tried and after the experience having a popsicle with strawberry flavors then I fall for it.

    At the end, I prefer having an ice-cream, shaved ice, snow cone or Bingsu during winter time more than eat it in summer. I still not sure why but you should try it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Naam, I also like ice cream, but I also like ice cream in winter. It's an eve nicer treat in summer, but since i usually enjoy my ice cream in air conditioned buildings these days, the weather outside is not that important. I don't have any memories of visiting Japan or Korea, but as I read Namm's comment above, it reminded me of eating ice cream at the end of family meals when I was a child. My favourites were my mum's stewed peaches and an aunts apple pie. They both went really well when hot with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream.

    But summer in Thailand is also durian season. It's awful for my waist line, but who could not love durian? One of my friends, who lives in Chantaburi, posted about durian there a couple of days ago, so yesterday I ventured out to see what I could find. Tops supermarket at Silom Complex was well-stocked as always, and among the fresh meats, seafood, vegetables and fruits, there was also durian. It was worth the short walk.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.