Tuesday 17 March 2020

Three aspects of Phing

Getting to know peaceful

First of all, I would like to introduce myself and my childhood a bit. You can call me 'Phing' for short. The tiny detached house in the middle of nowhere is my home which was constructed isolated from other neighbors. Even though I wasn't surrounded by much similar age friends, I never feel lonely. Because I grew up in an extended family and spent most of my time with them. My uncle has a small library beside his working room. There are thousands of books and abandon space for creating artwork. I binged stay inside that room. It was my guilty pleasure.
Nearly all my childhood memories were full of heartwarming moments. However, there was an exception which was the story about my grandfather. He passed away beford I was born therefore his story is so mysterious for me. The most significant memory about him is that he came from china and run business in Thailand. My nickname was given by him without any special explanation. Chinese works are extremely flexible. One word being able to write in many alphabets leads to several meanings. 'Phing' can refer to a flower with an attractive scent, peaceful and just an apple. No one is my family know exactly what does it mean. We can't predict what my grandfather was thinking about at that moment. Nevertheless, I think that being a puzzle might be better for me. I wouldn't like to be a delicate flower. I will decide the definition of me by myself.
____________________________________ 

My turning point 

Many people think that artists and illustrators are born with intense desire and inspiration. I wouldn't agree with them. Before making a decision to work in the art field, I occurred with some obstacles. Fortunately, my parents are willing to support me in every aspect although there were demons in my mind who put me off from my destination. To clarify this situation, I would like to mention my high school experience. Focusing on producing full-science abilities students is a concept of my school. The majority of students got a scholarship from the government with authoritarian conditions. To be honest, my school provided excellent laboratories for student experiments. In contrast, lacking of art and music facilities was weakness point. Insufficient exploring much in my interesting field resulted in an insecure feeling. I was afraid to confront my dream however in the last year of high school, a new teacher empowered me to join several art competitions. My confidence was bowled up and created my self today. 
  
____________________________________ 

Joining under the sea parade

At the beginning of the year, I always set the year resolution. Mostly those were tossed away however some of them were complete and became my most cheerful experience. One of the hardest achievement of me is getting a freediving certificate.  Normally, I really enjoy swimming in my leisure time. On the other hand, swimming for freediving practices are relatively different, a diver has to submerge to 10 meters under the sea with only one breath and come back to water skin by themselves. I had never thought that I can do it but I've done it. 
After that, I got a valuable reward. In the lively shallow sea, while I was being jubilant with swimming around the colorful corals, the sea turtle and shoal of fish came around me. They allowed me to join their trip for a while. That is the most impressive moment that I have had.

3 comments:

  1. When I was young my dad let me swim in the sea by myself but he carefully monitor me closely. I drawn and I was scared to swim since then. I took a swimming class at open university gym near my place. It was a joyful moment which I had 2 years old girl and 7 year old girl as my classmate. I still can not swim properly and I can only do backstroke. In addition, I can not swim in freestyle position because I always drawn when I did it. The past experience might be my obstacle that I have to move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swimming was the only sport I ever enjoyed when I was in high school, but by swimming, I actually mean "playing in the pool." I didn't learn to swim properly until I was at university, when some friends persuaded me to join them for the exercise. When we had swimming competitions at my school, I could never even make one lap! But I did get better at university. I suspect that these days I'm back to where I was in high school. My condo has a pool, but I'm ashamed to confess that I've never used it, not even once!

      Delete
  2. ANd as we saw in our first online class on Wednesday morning, I liked Phing's post because the details about the name her grandfather suggested a useful topic for us to discuss to clarify our understanding of a couple of useful concepts in an academic reading and writing class.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.