Thursday 14 October 2010

Sound Sleepers' Brain Waves Block Sounds


Do you think our class starts too early? I think that.


Moreover, when our class comes to the third week, most my classmate seem sleepy in every morning. Therefore, I search information about sleep because it might be help you feel active more. Because it about health, I search on Scientific American, and I find interesting information in that article, “Sound Sleepers' Brain Waves Block Sounds”. It might be too old but I think it is very interesting information.



That article tells us that why sleepers can carry on sleep while sounds happen. In fact, the loud noise can wake up sleepers but in some cases sleepers can keep on sleep, so scientist experiment to find the cause of those cases. The scientist found that brain can block noise to access to the auditory nerve so some sleepers can keep on even there are loud noises.



I believe that everyone used to nap in a classroom or in an office and this information can explain why we can do that what how loud in that place. The human body always surprises me by its abilities and thank for scientist who discover those body’s secrets. However, I think that even if a brain can block noises, the sleep in suitable place and time have still been importance.



Moreover, if we can sleep in peaceful place more than 8 hours, we might not feel sleepy in AEP class. HaHa!



__________


References
Sound Sleepers' Brain Waves Block Sounds. (2010, August 12). Scientific American. Retrieved October 14, 2010 from http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode.cfm?id=sound-sleepers-brain-waves-block-so-10-08-12

8 comments:

  1. :D Your picture's cute and attractive. The first sentence's my favourite. I'll put my serious comment later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @NK...are you get up so early or did not sleep yet???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting topic because I always have a question in my mind that Why some people can get deeply sleep; where as, some people like me can't get that. I've always been woke up easily. Just low volume especially when my name was called then I'll wake up, poor me. that why I always go to class lately. ^__^

    This is my excuse and Our kind teacher will understand me. ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until a few terms ago, AEP classes started at 8:00 AM!

    I'm very happy to be getting up two hours later than I used to. And when I note the time that some people email me, I think they must also be glad that it's now 10:00 AM not 8:00.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For example, if people email me at 4:15 AM, I can understand them saying that Poome's first sentence is their favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I choose this topic because I hope that my teacher might understand and pity students who feel downsy or nod and nap in extremely early AEP class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My classmate,
    I think everyone feel a little bit confuse with my routine that I send homework lately.I'd better have a good excuse to sleep late because I have to disguss with my boss. When I came back home the new day coming:) For timing of the class to start, It's not early as it's the same time when I worked in last month before. It's not too late or too early.

    I'm the person that doesn't sleep too much for along time. You can see from my hight because growth hormone secretion during sleep. It's shown too late for my routine. I believe that brain can block noise to access to the auditory nerve because I have that experience. I can have deep sleep every situation it doesn't matter if I'm drinking buckets of strong coffee. My individual sleep is 4 hours a night but the best is 8 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poome's topic is interesting. I am a person who cannot sleep in the loud environment same Net. Sometimes, when I am tried and need to sleep, I need to sleep in some places that are so quiet, and if I cannot take a rest, I will be moody. In my opinion, I am amazed with people who can sleep in anywhere, and sometimes, I envy them. How do they do? T_T

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.