Wednesday 6 October 2010

Why do film stars work for international organization?


Which column do you start to read on a newspaper? In my case, I start to read an entertainment column first to cheer up myself before I start to read the environmental news. Nothing is interesting in the entertainment column, but while I was looking for the environmental news, Angelina Jolie picture in “UN in fresh appeal for Pakistan flood victims” attract my attention. This pushes me to open this page to follow the news.

The news said “The UN has made a fresh appeal for Pakistan's flood victims as film star Angelina Jolie has arrived in the country to highlight their plight.”

The news reported that half of the districts in Sindh province have been affected by the flooding and they had been waiting for helping from various channels, including the UN's official.

After I read the news, I realize that approximately one-third of the new shows about Angelina’s doing; for example, what does she do, and what does she think which these sentences make me want to read the news.

In my opinion, I think that many international organizations like the UN would like to attract the attention of people around the world to interest in their actions; therefore, they need someone to be their ambassador like a film star, Angelina Jolie. But what are the reasons that lead film stars work for them?
__________
References
UN in fresh appeal for Pakistan flood victims (2010, September 7). BBC News. Retrieved October 6, 2010 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11212183

8 comments:

  1. Haha, I like this topic. There are several gossips about AJ's activities. Actually, I don't like to read entertainment news but I always read the news about the presentation of AJ by working for UNHCR. In my opinion, AJ do those activities for presentation herself surely and it is really efficiency tool because nowadays she is the symbol of kind star. However, I think some people also take a benefit from her activities. At lease she should can motivate the donation of charity organizations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Poome, I don't normally read the entertainment sections, although occasionally a film review will catch my eye.

    Whatever other personal motives they might have, I think most film stars probably sincerely believe in the things they get involved in, and the attention they bring to problems can be a force for improvement.

    I like Angelina's films - they are silly and fun when I want to relax; I really don't know anything else about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I like AJ and her presentation by working in chairity organisations is very good in my idea. That means she use her brain for successful in her job and society also get benefits from her self-promotion. Those is the reason why she is more successful than other actresses who use only body and acting skill in movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think beside Gift idea that "the UN would like to attract the attention of people around the world to interest in their actions" (posted by Gift at 6:13 PM). I think the UN might want to encourage people to look down of Pakistan more and try to help them more by using AJ, who is very famous, be a good model for people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AJ,she devoures in two positions she's a great actress and a great ambassdor. She knows how to advertise herself and the UN thinks the same. The UN chooses AJ to be ambassdor because the UN knows this is the good way to motivate the donation and advertise this program quit widely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you guys that AJ is a iconic of merit or charity and also agree that UN using her to be a presenter that can make more donation; however, in my humble opinion, the point is AJ is intimate to people more than the country which's facing with problems so the point that makes the donators donate their money or stuffs more easily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me, both can get advantage from this situation, AJ's image can attract people and make them interested in UN's project, and UN can get more donation or any helping from people who like her. On the other hand, AJ, famous movies star, will be promoted by UN's ads and it's bring her others channels for charity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. “UN in fresh appeal for Pakistan flood victims” , I think that is a very good idea to do marketing with somebody like Angelina Jolie, who attracts crowds.The people are more interesting to know how happen in Pakistan after so long time the floods finish, and normally at that time, the people do not continue to support the Pakistan's flood victims when they still need it. Also, for Angelina Jolie is a wonderful oportunity to do publicity about her with a very positive help.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.