Wednesday 13 October 2010

To rescue Chile’s trapped miners


I have followed the news about collapsing mine in Chile for two months. Personally, I want to known how they will solve this problem and what method will be used to help trapped miners. Finally, the day that many people have been waiting for helping the miners arrive.

Following the news, on August 5, a tunnel of San Jose mine in Chile collapsed; therefore, thirty-tree men have been trapped about 700 m below ground.

After the accident, the government and the authorities attempt to rescue the trapped miners immediately, and today, October 13, they are sending down an empty capsule "Phoenix" to pick up the trapped miners to the surface.

There are many plans to aid the trapped miners since they arrive to the surface to they go to a hospital because they have lived in underground which is 32 degree Celsius and dark for long time. For example, before going up to the surface, the trapped miners have to wear coat to protect themselves from cold air outside and they have to wear sun glasses for protecting their eyes.

Referring the news, I got the idea from the rescue plans; moreover, I so appreciate with their teamwork, and after I read this sentence "when Chile is united, we are capable of doing great things", there are a lot of feeling happen in my mind. One of them makes me think of Tsunami at south of Thailand. In this adversity lead us know that we love each other, and today, do we still love each other?
__________

References
Joy as first Chile miners freed. (2010, October 13). BBC News. Retrieved October 13, 2010 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11518015

4 comments:

  1. I am following this news like you Gift. Most humans will love together when there is the crisis so for Thailand we might be waiting for serious crisis. Yes serious crisis, not waiting for miracle Haha.

    I glad to know now they are transporting miners. I see in the news they have to spend about 20 minutes a man on transporting. I like the capsule’s name Phoenix which is the name of the reborn bird.

    I impress in the effort of miners and the attempt of the government. Do you know that there have to be last person who is the last passenger is Luis Urzua. He surprise me because he had to stay alone in that mine.

    Lastly, I think like you Gift. Thailand should learn something from this event. However, what should we learn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gift, I really love your question and I know that you've already realize the answer. I hope, in the future, Thailand will be unite like Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that we aren't unique. All Thai are always unique, but we don't know when we should express and give it to socielty. Moreover, I don't think why we have to learn that accident in Chile even though we knew that it's morality to help 33 people at underground. If that accident happened in Thailand, many people didn't hesitate to help those victim absolutely.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.