Tuesday 20 October 2015

Can you imagine living your life without one of the most important things in your life?

How many who have not love and lost? In this life, it is normal to have something you hold dear and close to your heart. And it's also normal to have more than one thing.  It's very natural for all of us to go through this kind of trail. Losing them will cause you sorrow and the feeling that comes with it is devastating. Just to think that we will never see them again will make your heart throb with an unbearable pain. But what if we have got them back? That will probably make you forget all the pain and sorrow you have been through. It will probably lift your spirit like nothing has ever done. In my life, I have loved and lost like many. When I lost my beloved father, it was lighting struck my heart. Although I know for the fact that he's gone and no matter how I pray, he will never come back to me. But every now and then, I still have this wistful thinking that one day when I return home, he will be there, sitting behind the desk I have bought for him. He will look at me with the same heart-warming smile and I will know that he has never been gone. Everything was just a bad dream and now I have finally woken up. But losing someone and losing something is different. Even though the devastation could be equal, but when you lost something, there is still this silver hope of, one day, you will get it back, but when you lost someone to death, no matter how you wish it, that person would never come back. What is left is only the happy memories, that no one could steal it away from us.
Smith is luck to get her beloved belongings back to her, but not every body is as lucky. I'm happy for her. Every day there is someone who will lose something dear to them. I wish all of them would have a happy ending like Smith.
_______________________________________ 

My question is:Can you imagine living your life without one of the most important things in your life?


___________
Reference: Patti Smith's stolen items returned. (16 October, 2015). BBC News. Retrieved from: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34548074

5 comments:

  1. Based on the nature’s laws, human cycle involves birth, senility, pain, and death. So, if there is birth, there is also death. Similarly, if there is acquisition, there is loss as well.

    Although this is unchangeable truth, I think most of people including me would suffer when having to lose something very important or valuable in our lives.

    In my case, now I cannot imagine how to be in such situation when it comes to me. However, I believe to prepare myself to be ready to consciously encounter with that event in the future is a good idea at this time. Often, loss can makes us (very) dolorous. Yet, when time flies, everything will fall into place. I believe like that.

    “Hope for the best and prepare for the worst”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I've never known this side of yours. You're very thoughtful buddhism. I agree with you sometimes life become much easier. When you need to decide something very important, then you think how I'd feel when I gonna die at young. Would I be sorry for something too risky or let the life throw you on and on? Thank you, Feem!

      Delete
    2. Although the pain in two cases was extreme and has been long lasting, I would rather have the pain than not to have had the two relationships, now forever gone, that were so very important to my life.

      Whilst not wishing it, I don't think we should (can?) aim to avoid all pain and suffering.

      Things: this morning I put another box of my long unused things for the cleaning staff at my condo. On the other hand, I can't wait to get my hands on the spiffy new MS Surface Book. Or should I opt for the new Surface Pro? Or ...? Perhaps this is some self-inflicted suffering from wanting that I could (and should?) do without.

      Delete
  2. Surprisingly, at this moment I also usually think of not living with someone I love. How can I live without dolor? Finally, everyone has to separate each other, and one thing that comes to my mind is what will I do in order to make my beloved ones happy and I'm also happy while they're alive.


    We will understand the lives when we look back in the past, but we need to live for the future. It's possible to sorrow, but it have done nothing except dolor.

    So “Hope for the best and prepare for the worst” (Feem, 2015) may be a good choice to live consciously.



    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's one of the hardest lesson of our lives. Our relationships to the family or close friend always are important. It's very hard to change the form of bonding. I've nothing to comment, but I want to cheer you up! At least I'm sure that you always have the others who love you around you :)

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.