Tuesday 13 October 2015

Now technology can make life easier than before. We can make it cheaper, distribute it, copy it as much as we want and don’t need  more cost. For example, we can send the photos in the party or graduation ceremony to everyone you wants and as much as you want via social network. The utopia of Marxism thought may occur in our generation now that we can have a machine that produce at the amount as you want without more cost. this is main topic of the book the end of capitalism and sharing economy will grow in both amount and territory.

Technology also make the power to create the things distributed to common people. Last week Adobe has announced the pilot project of application from iPad that can customized your own typography, so you can have your own font type without that much knowledge about graphic design as you can see demo here.


I think this is a phenomenal innovation which deliberate the creativity power to the people and push the technician to be more productive than adjust the width and height.

So, the question come to my mind that someday not too far we all may be laid off from the job that the robot or technology can finish with the lower cost as the writer said in the article. for example, the pharmacists may be gone from the pharmacies and some technology will replace and lead to safer and cheaper service for the customer. Do you think the robot can replace the human for any kind of jobs?
_______________________________________ 

My question is:
Do you think your job or the field you have graduated from can be replaced by the robot or advance technology?
___________
Reference
Mason, P. The end of capitalism has begun. (2015, July 17). The Guardian. Retrieved October 13, 2015 from http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/jul/17/postcapitalism-end-of-capitalism-begun

4 comments:

  1. I think that teaching is probably safe for a few more years.

    Union's post reminded me of a list I saw recently, but I couldn't remember where; a quick Google turned up this one, which reassuringly has has teachers way down near the bottom of jobs due for replacement by machines.

    I'm also interested in the other questions that Union raises in his post. Will machines bring about something like a Marxian utopia or eutopia? And how likely are they to contribute to an end of capitalism and market economic systems? And that makes me wonder what the differences are between capitalism and (free) market systems.

    I was also reminded of a recent article I read that reported on the Dutch move to a 6 hour working day, which seems to be working out very well. One of the great things about my job is that it's like permanent part-time work with lots of vacations, and I like that.

    I'm sure that machines will continue to make increasingly massive changes to our social structures, but I have very little confidence in any predictions I might make as to the details of those changes - and interesting as they are, I'm a bit doubtful of other people's predictions, except where they are very narrow and not too far distant.

    And final idea just occurred to me: if our machines became as intelligent as we are, and therefore vastly more intelligent than us the day after so that they replaced us as the persons at the top of the evolutionary story (I'm not sure I want to say "life") on this planet, would that be a bad thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my field (Chemical Engineering), I believe it might be possible that the chemical engineering tasks could be replaced by the advanced technology like robot; however, it seems to take a very and very long time to be like that. This is because in the real world problems, there are still a lot of uncertain factors and conditions, complexity, related multi-parameters in the works regarding chemical engineering. And such works have to be planed, scheduled, operated, controlled, and optimized by the capability of computer (technology) and engineers or even experts in other relevant fields together.

    Like what I commented on Punn’s first blog post in this AEP term about the possibility of anything under the control of technology, Completely developed artificial intelligence (AI) could cause a great risk to human since AI may control us and would dominate our world. I cannot imagine how we will be if that day comes true.

    The above-mentioned comment seems to correspond to the final idea of Peter’s comment in his last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think maybe. Nowadays no matter what you graduate with, you have to prepare yourself for changes. The world is changing everyday and we have to change as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The end of capitalism:" this title, and our last reading in Quest made me wonder if capitalism and free markets are exactly the same as Hartmann assumes that they are.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.