Friday 2 October 2015

Do you think that everything can be possible in charge of tech development?

Once when I was a child, I was very desired and surprised with the picture in the first episode of Harry Potter - Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone which be able to move lively, and I am certain that you are one of Harry Potter fans at that time as well.

Surprisingly, this animated picture in which was written by the imagination of J.K. Rowling is going to be real soon. Recently in "Your Facebook profile pic could soon be animated",  Andrea Peterson briefly says that we could soon be seen and use Facebook's profile pictures much more animated, because the product managers - Aigerim Shorman and Tony Hsieh in Facebook said that the company is starting to test profile videos.

Around 15 years ago, who believes that many things from human's thought and imagination will be developed actually? Not only the live photos in such case, housekeeper robots, a lot of visual games, and so on are also proved that they became true.

I have read the words from a book which I can't remember the title, there is someone who was telling me (the reader) that "if you want to create something new in the world, it is not in the books!" For instance, Steve Jobs did not build the empire of Apple from the textbooks, and Mark Zuckerburg  did not created Facebook from the study in University as well. They have passions to do something new in the world by their own beliefs.

I think that such above mention might not much relate to the question, but this news reminded me of that impressive sentence. Nonetheless, it can be also compared that there are nothing impossible so long as imagination can reach into, and yes the Facebook live profile picture as well. That's a good news, I love it!

My question is:
Do you think that everything can be possible in charge of tech development?

___________
Reference
Peterson, A. (2015, September 30). Your Facebook profile pic could soon be animated. the Washington Post. Retrieved from https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2015/09/30/your-facebook-profile-pic-could-soon-be-animated/

3 comments:

  1. I guess the short and simple answer to Punn's question is "No, not everything can be possible through technological development." The absolute limitation is the laws of physics. The laws of physics are what make the technological revolution possible, and those laws cannot be changed. But within those laws, as Punn's examples show, we can an enormous amount. And I think we've only just started to learn and to do what is possible.

    Like Punn, I'm amazed at the changes that have occurred in my life. When I was born, there were a few dozen computers in the world. When I was in high school, pocket calculators were amazing technology. When I studied computer science at university, the computer (there was only one) was housed in its own building. The one that now sits in my pocket is probably more powerful, and the computer I sometimes carry in my small bag is way more powerful.

    There was, of course, no internet when I was born, or when I was in school, or when I was at university, although the military version was starting up as my university career was closing. Today, I expect to be able to move money between my bank accounts when I'm walking around department stores, and to access the vast body of information stored online - from much of my personal life, to everything human beings know. And with very few glitches, I can.

    At the moment, I'm looking forward eagerly to Microsoft's announcement on October 6 of the new Surface Pro tablet, which I think might be a neat replacement for my current notebook.

    I really can't imagine where technology might have taken us in another ten years. I couldn't have guessed how much things would have changed over the last ten years, and I'm sure the next ten will see much greater change.

    And I've just finished my coffee. Time to head shower and set off for AUA. Punn's question has left me in an upbeat mood. I hope my regular level 2 class feels the same way after their session in the computer lab - we do a lot of homework on Google Docs, and today they are trying that for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also seen this news on my Facebook as well :). I think everything might be possible in our world today due to our new technology we have nowadays, and I am quite sure that there will be many things that will surprise us in the future. Who knows? we might see sky cars,and human robots to help us with housework in the next ten years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Punn. Your post grabbed my attention quite well as a result of animated pictures on your blog post. Well, although I’m not sure to answer your question, today’s world and a huge range of great innovation imply that it can in the future.

    Similarly, I am also worry that something in the long run like AI (artificial intelligence) which is fully developed may bring a very great concern to human because it seem to be possible that they can dominate the world instead of us.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.