Wednesday 21 October 2015

What musical instrument do you want to play most?

What do you do to relieve your own stress?

If I am feeling overwhelmed by a stressful situation, I try to take a break and listen to classical music. I also enjoy listening to instrumental music while studying, or even I am writing my blog post at this moment, I am also listening to it.

However, some of my friends told me that they felt somewhat distracted and could not concentrate on their studies when they heard some noise. But personally, calm and relaxing instrument music soothe me and make me less stressed, and I feel I can work more effectively.

Charles Richard-Hamelin (r)
congratulated Seong-Jin Cho on his victory
According to “South KoreanSeong-Jin Cho wins Chopin piano competition”, young pianist from South Korean, Seong-Jin Cho, has won the Chopin piano competition in Warsaw.

After the result was announced he was very really happy. He said "It became my dream to participate in the competition and I cannot believe this moment".

This news reminds me that when I was young I dreamed to be a classical musician. My favourite musical instrument is the flute and I used to learn to play it when I was young. Unfortunately, I stopped studying it when I was a secondary school student, and I have not kept on practicing it, so now I can play it just a little bit.

Actually, there are also some of other musical instruments that interest me; for example, I also love the soulful and beautiful sound of violin. I think it would be nice if I had a chance and time to learn to play this musical instrument.


_______________________________________
My question is:
If you could to learn play one musical instrument, what would you choose?

___________
Reference

South Korean Seong-Jin Cho wins Chopin piano competition. (2015, October 21). BBC News. Retreived from http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34589558

6 comments:

  1. I also used to play the flute, but so long ago now that I probably can't play a thing today. I never thought I'd be a great flautist, but it was very satisfying to be able to produce my own music, and good exercise for the arms!

    Actually, I don't listen to music when I'm blogging or doing anything that needs my attention - I find myself enjoying the music, which is a distraction from the work, or getting annoyed because the music distracts me from the work.

    I do enjoy music when I'm doing something that doesn't need my brain engaged very much. It's good for a quick workout, and the like. Otherwise, I prefer to listen to the music and not be doing other things, or perhaps listen to music and be idly browsing the internet, with the option to switch attention if I come across something interesting.

    I don't multi-task very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see your point. Some people might feel distracted or lose concentration if they are working while listening to music. Yet, it may depend on the kind of music they listen to and the complexity of works. Perhaps, I might suggest you try listening to slow classical music by Mozart, Beethoven and the like while you working as background music in your workplace or room. That might help you relax yourself when you work, but I hope you will not feel sleepy first when you listen to slow music.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Feem that "depend on the kind of music they listen to and the complexity of works". Actually, I cannot listen to vocal music while I am reading a book, but I doesn't get distracted when I listen to slow background music.

      Ps. "good exercise for the arms" makes me laugh a lot lol

      Delete
  2. I'd like to choose piano, because they can convey many kind and style of voice. I enjoy Yundi Lee, the former champion of the Chopin competition, while I also like piano jazz. It is very suitable for many kind of music, but sadly we can't carry it to the long weekend traveling. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to choose piano, because they can convey many kind and style of voice. I enjoy Yundi Lee, the former champion of the Chopin competition, while I also like piano jazz. It is very suitable for many kind of music, but sadly we can't carry it to the long weekend traveling. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was young, I also liked the flute because of its peaceful and calm sound. But I have chosen the piano instead, exactly like Union, it has various sounds to 88 keys. My favorite composer is Mozart because his songs, especially piano solo and piano duet songs, help me unwind and delightful.

    Glad to know that you also like listening to classical music ^^

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.