Sunday 27 October 2019

Introducing Byte

My name is Lalitphat or you can call me Byte, which means a unit of data. I knew it sounds weird and you may wonder where did it come from. I actually got this nickname because my dad is a programmer. Thai nicknames are usually not related to the first or last names, they are just a made-up name given to a child by their parents.

Last year, I just graduated with a bachelor of science degree from Thammasat University but now I'm a PhD student at Chulalongkorn University. My major is Materials Science which is about the study of a new kind of materials or a process that improves materials to have a better performance. I chose this major because I find it is rewarding to create something that can impact society and improve our daily lives. Furthermore, I want to promote my research and transform it into innovation.

As a college student, I once questioned myself on how I would find a meaningful opportunity, and most importantly, how it would benefit me. Throughout my life experience, I have found that an exchange program is one of a great opportunity to see the world. Many people that I have known have gained a new perceptive and change their way of thinking after join one of the exchange programs. Therefore, I planned to find a research scholarship and joy in an exchange program next year.

Recently, I have found that podcasts are very interesting, and I listen to a podcast every day. My favorite podcast is “คำนี้ดี” from The Standard. It is actually a Thai podcast, but they have some of it's in English too. It has many talks about vocabulary that we can learn from books, news, internet and etc. I have like many other podcasts, such as Super Productive, Readery, The Secrets Sauce and The Power Game, all from The standard. Because I can learn a lot of new things in topics of business,  politics and how to manage yourself from their experience and talks, I really loved it.



คำนี้ดี

Other than podcasts, I also like to listen to music. My favorite song is "Sue Me" by Sabrina Carpenter. I accidentally heard it from my friend phone’s and cannot get it out of my head after that. It is such a fantastic beat. I like the instrument and her charming voice even though it is the first time I heard it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.