Sunday 27 October 2019

Introducing Peter

As you know, my name is Peter and I'm your teacher. Although I live in Thailand now, and have for many years, I'm not from Thailand but Australia, where I was born last century into a family living in the country in northern New South Wales. My family were farmers, although they also had some business interests. This was because my grandparents and their parents, my great grandparents, started farming when they arrived in Australia from Italy in the 1880s. Of course, grapes were planted first. They had brought cuttings from the grape vines in Italy, and when they arrived in the Australian bush, they cleared a bit and planted grapes to make wine with.

Moving on to me, my education was at private Catholic schools in the area. In primary school I was taught by nuns, and in high school by brothers. I wasn't particulalry good at school in primary, but I did love reading, and the nuns in our very small, country town school let me read as much as I wanted to, so I read everything in the small library. My parents also had a decent collection of books at home for my brothers and sisters and I to read, and they set a good example. I've read all my life as far back as I can remember, and although my reading these days is mainly done on digital devices, I still read a lot: books, newspapers, magazines and journals.

My favourite song is "Bohemian Rhapsody" by the rock band Queen. It's not a new song since it was first sung by Queen in 1975. I'm not sure when I first heard it, but as soon as I did, I loved it. I've liked many other songs over the decades, and different artists, such as David Bowie, and some Australian rock groups, in addition to classical music, but Queen's operatic masterpiece has remained my favourite, despite the rather sad story it tells.

And that is 325 words, so if you write a similar amout, you should be safely over the minimum word limit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.