Friday 5 February 2021

Emma: Make a world a better place to live

Summary of "Biden's climate agenda: Is this the beginning of the end for fossil fuels?"

Coal fired power stations
According to “Biden's climate agenda: Is this the beginning of the end for fossil fuels?” by Justin Rowlatt, although fossil fuels are an integral part of the country, the president of the United States,  Joe Biden, has promptly executed policies  to solve global climate change infew days since his inauguration. His outstanding executions include assigning Gina McCarthy with an aggressive carbon cut plan, revoking Keystone XL oil pipeline and prioritizing climate change as anthe issue of national security. Furthermore, not only has  President Biden decided to reinstate and strengthen regulations on the three largest sources of greenhouse gas emissions, which include vehicles, power plants and methane leaks from oil and gas wells, but he has also accelerated renewables projects, which will have enabled the US electricity sector to be zero-carbon by 2035. The initiatives are compatible with the plans from the relevant private sectors that respond to global climate change.

____________________________________ 

Emma's response to "Biden's climate agenda: Is this the beginning of the end for fossil fuels?"

I selected the new article because I am interested in the topic of earth science and global climate change is threaten the world we live in. When I read the news article, I also felt surprised about President Biden’s progressive actions toward the environmental problem. I have heard many leaders talking about sustainability and environment issues many times, but I have not seen the impact or actions. However, this time I would like to see how the huge country like American seriously taking actions. Another influential person that I can think about is Bill Gate, as he is developing innovation to prevent hurricane. Like many science, I am wondering about the possibility of his solution. However, I hope he can invent the technology so that nobody can suffer from the nature disaster.

“Can we make it to 4 second?” said Price Era the artist that rap “Three Seconds”. Personally, I think I cannot live until 4 second, but every times l listen to his song I feel worried about following generations because the current global climate change that we are facing has lot of impact. As he is rapping “Fun fact. Planet Earth is 4.5 billion years old. Mankind? About 140,000 years old.” It shows that human lives on the Earth only a tiny fraction of time span when comparing to the planet. “3 second” said Price Era. I think the statistic is fascinating, as I feel that the earth is the gigantic machine and I want to discover more. I have seen that most people want to take control on the earth so that they can live conveniently and comfort. However, I think they have done laborious works in order to achieve their goals and that is not good for the nature. So this reminded me about “Zen” and the Japanese people who live simply life in rural area in Japan. I have never gone to Japan, but I have seen lots of picture of beautiful places and documentaries of Japanese farmers, so I know that the way of living follows the nature—I mean they do not to control it. When I see the beautiful scenery, I think it is like the heaven—cherry blossom is everywhere. I would like to visit Japan in the near future.

____________________________________

Emma's question 

Do you think we can solve global climate change and how we can achieve that?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.