Monday 22 February 2021

Prim: The Best in Hide and Seek


Talking about the favorite games in my childhood reminds me of myself as a kid who attended primary school. The memories are nearly faded away. At that time, my favorite game was influenced by my personality and the surrounding environment. Me as an energetic girl with a smile on my face, ran to school every day to play with my friends. But to be honest, actually, I ran because I was late. Anyway, I really played a lot at that time. I think all of you can imagine which kind of kid species I was back then.,.. an annoying one. So let’s move on to what made me happy at that period of time.

It is true that I was born in quite a special era. I was lucky to be in the middle of technology development, so I have felt life both ways before smartphones, Ipad, and Twitter have started. Which is kind of a blessing, The game I enjoyed at that time evolved real people, real action, and real scenarios. Hide and seek, run and chase, frozen chase, Crew chase, jump rubber band, jackstone, and my favorite one is Hide and Seek. The game gives me creativity and it was very fun back then. As I remember the old-time thoughts, My heart fills with happiness and joy. 

Another factor here is my school environment. My school was different from most other schools. The place is filled with nature. Why? Begin with the concept of learning methods and teaching technique, which were quite strange. I learned how to plant and grow rice, how to garden and clean, how to cook rice without electricity, and separate garbage before throwing it away. We even had a rice farm inside the school, which also included a park and pond to study the ecosystem. So It allowed me to create my fantastic play zone for several years, which forms me to be a happy person, positive thinking, and lively to this day.

Although I didn’t appreciate that knowledge at that time because I was too happy to not stay still in the classroom, now I realize they teach the concept of creativity and gave me a lot of lessons and skills to live.


1 comment:

  1. Prim's essay reminded me of my own school days, well before the age of technology. When we got a black and white TV, that was the height of technology at the time, and a major excitement. But there were only TV broadcasts for about 12 hours a day, nothing like the TV that was to come until it began being replaced by streaming this century.

    I also have happy memories of playing games at primary school. And like Prim's, my school was a little unusual. It was a private school run by Catholic nuns. They looked scary in their black nuns' habits, but were very kind to us, and not at all strict. They read to us, let us play games, and encouraged reading, but never forced it, and homework was optional. But in that relaxed environment, I learned to love reading for pleasure, and that has stayed with me forever.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.