Friday 5 February 2021

Phon: Cyber-Security fears.

Summary of “Home working increases cyber-security fears”

According to the “Home working increases cyber-security fears” By David Silverberg and Will Smale. Work from home is risky to occur of cyber insecurity. There are many large and small companies around the world that are facing a hacking attack social network. Sometimes the home worker receives an email, pretending the service asked them to reset their log-in password. It is tricking into downloading viruses from hackers demanding ransoms. This is making workers who are working at home in trouble and anxiety. Their personal information can be assessed by scammers and company's data would be breached. It is essential that businesses give staff proper cyber-security training and set up a VPN or virtual private network. They should know how to report about cyber-security. This alleviates the problem from hacking attacks. However, the staff can still make damaging mistakes with cyber - security.


____________________________________ 

Phon's response to "Home working increases cyber-security fears"

Due to Covid-19 pandemic situation, making a global population is staying distant or “ Social distancing”. People are avoiding social gatherings, face-to-face meetings. Major organizations have announced employees that can remote working from home. Although working from home can help us slow the spread of Covid-19, working from home is increasing cyber-security. And I am also working from home for some time. I have been using my laptop when I work at home. I am quite aware when I have to search for information from websites. I would not explore the website that seems insecure. As they said, home working increases cyber-security fears and gives solutions to ease the problems; supply laptops and other equipment to employees.
There is increased expenditure to the company, it would be impacted by finance. If a company supplies the laptop to all staff, including cyber-security software, it is a big amount to lose. I was thinking nowadays most companies are concerned about the earning or economy of the company.
In fact, the company does not want to burn their profits and try to control the budget and saving cost as much as possible. It is reasonable to understand. The employees can avoid the hacking attack by scammers, studying and investigating how to anticipate the cyber problem.
____________________________________ 

Phon's question 

What do you think to protect your data and help companies to save cost?


1 comment:

  1. I like Phon's question. My own answer is a bit weak: I keep my Window's software up to date, and I don't visit websites with warnings from my browser. And I never open links from unknown sources. I don't think I've ever had a problem, but perhaps I don't have anything that would tempt hackers to hack me. I wonder what access to my AUA Google account would be worth on the dark web? I suspect not a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.