Wednesday 16 June 2010

Introducing myself....Tum

My name is Sutee Wongkitikumjone, many called me Tum. I graduated from accounting department of Kasetsart University. Many people always think that people who graduated from such department must be an accountant which is one of the most boring career, and I agreed with that idea. However, I worked as an auditor after I graduated. What's an auditor? What do they do? A lot of people often ask me such questions. Auditor is like an investigator of the business, especially for large business such as Axon corp., CP corp., or even very large bank like Deutsche Bank have to has auditor to work for. We, auditors, investigate to find frauds in such firms, especially the frauds from the management departments such as making their profit higher, overstate about their amount of goods or selling for the propose that investors will interested in their firms and willing to spend their money in those businesses.

I had worked at Ernst&Young corp. about 1 year before I resigned. Being an auditor is extremely try because of overloading work.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree that accounting has always sounded very boring to me, but I've also met accountants who really enjoy what they do. And auditing does sound a bit more exciting. I don't think it's something I would want to do, but it's an important job, and I think becoming more and more important as business and financial organizations increase in number, size and impact on our lives. It's good to know that there are people checking to keep them honest.

    You said you resigned after a year. Have you worked since then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually yes! I've my own business, family business, which is a retail store. I've worked there since then.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.