Wednesday 30 June 2010

Tum on Lord of the flies

I've just finished chapter one this morning, and it leaved me a lot of vocabularies I don't know. This novel is a difficult one for me to read a understand everything the author wrote; however, he did a good job in his fiction. In my opinion, every characters has a unique behavior, and they act as a symbols of today's politic. For example, Jack is represented to be a person who want to be the leader and crave for power because he always order to another child. That's why I believe that this ficton is not just a funny story to read and laugh, but you have to think while you read. Reading this book is not just improving my reading skill only, but it also force me to try interpreting the real propose of the writer, and I think this is very important skill for academic learning in my future.

1 comment:

  1. No, it's not a funny story.
    You might also like to read the comment I just left for Tarn - there are reasons why this novel consistently appears on teh American Library Association's list of most banned books, as Wikipedia tells us (with a useful citation).

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.