Wednesday 29 April 2015

Deadly Meals

If you are a salary man or a company officer, which have to wake up early, eat breakfast in limit time and quickly drive a car or take a public bus to the office in time in order to not be blamed by your boss, you must used to take junk food for breakfast once because it is more comfortable than making it by yourself. This is very dangerous behavior.

According to “Diet swap experiment reveals junk food's harm to gut” (Roberts, 2015), the experts do the research with American and native African volunteers, which shows that eating junk food can increase the risk of cancer like a colon cancer or bowel cancer, but taking low-fat, high-fiber diet can help people to be healthier.

In the past, my parents used to tell me that junk food is very bad food because it is not have nutrient, in the other hand, there is only one benefit, which is make us full and have power to do our works. When I walk in some street or in department store, there are many junk food restaurants such as McDonald, KFC and Burger King. Although people know that junk food has cons more than pros, these restaurants are very popular and people love to eat some meal in this place. They have a diet menu that is similar to each other, such as hamburger, fried chicken, French fried as well as soft drink. I think people feel happy when they go to eat these foods because of a tasty diet and a convenience for eating. Sometimes, I have junk food for breakfast, or in lunch and dinner, and I feel happy with it delicious taste and not expensive price.

However, nowadays, time is very important thing that is limited from many incidents. Most of people are forced to do everything in a short time. For example, traffic jam cause every people use a long time on the road. If you want to arrive at the office in time, you should get up earlier to have more minute to cook and eat breakfast. But, if you want to have more time to sleep happily in your bed, you can go to McDonald instead. You wait them for a few minute and they will give you a delicious breakfast in a cheap price. I’m pretty sure that junk food makes our lives easier.

Is it good to choose more time instead of our healthy? Despite of delicious taste, if you think more time is better, it is just a little time in your life. But, good health can makes you have a long lifetime. It makes you not die in early time. So, the more healthy food you eat, the more time you have, and you can do many things that you want.

Finally, if you want a better life, eating more healthy food is actually essential.
__________
Reference
Roberts, M. (2015, April 28). Diet swap experiment reveals junk food's harm to gut. BBC News Health. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/health-32494846

8 comments:

  1. You remind me of a sentence " You are what you eat ".
    If we want to have good healthy, you have to give attention on your food. However, I am one who like to eat fast food because of delicious meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Me too. Most of people know what are bad things, but they also do it because it make them happy although this happiness happens in a short time.

      Delete
  2. As you said, fast food lead to many serious health problem. And I know that, nowadays, many country are facing the same problem which cause by fast food that is obesity and malnutrition in children. I think it is a big problem and just wondering How do the people realize the harm of eating fast food every day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you said, fast food lead to many serious health problem. And I know that, nowadays, many country are facing the same problem which cause by fast food that is obesity and malnutrition in children. I think it is a big problem and just wondering How do the people realize the harm of eating fast food every day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, I would love to say that I do agree with you that Junk food is not a bad choice to make our life easier. When you have to deal with your daily schedule such as get to work on time , get to school on time, spend some hours on traffic and so on.

    Everybody knows that traffic in Bangkok is quite worst thing and also if you want to get to work on time, you have to get up so early and it is really hard to have a healthy breakfast in the morning. This is why we have to eat junk food for saving our time in every morning.

    For me, I think some healthy food taste quite bad because it doesn't add more sugar, more salt and more fat in it. When you have some healthy food or some diet food, It feels like you are eatting paper because they don't look delicious and also it tastes quite bad too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a person who can't eat junk food. However, I have it as I need; for example, when I had a lab class that my teacher would take a quiz in early hour and checked the name of students so my friend and I had a little time to eat something. The best choice is Junk food because it's fast and convenient for me and not take too much time to eat it.

    However, I know that Junk food is not good for my health because of high cholesterol. It may lead to some disease like fat disease. Your article give me new information that junk food causes the cancer. Now, I try to reduce junk food as much as I can to keep my good health.

    Nowadays, I see a lot of people like to eat junk food especially in teenager. I think it's not good because they may not get perfectly nutrient. And I think if individuals can manage their time, they may have more time to do other things; for instance, we can cook by own instead of taking junk food. In our life, time is an important thing but everyone has to concern about their good health as well.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.