Wednesday 29 April 2015

Tin's Academic Interests

I'm interested in Computer science and IT technologies. While it is interested to look at the new gadgets that come out every month, I tend to like thinking how does it work and how to improve it. Especially in the artificial intelligence (AI) field, there're a lot of interesting stuffs, starting from autonomous robots that can freely move and interact with humans, and also how they can learn to move or interact better. This involves how to give robot how to adapt and learn from their experiences.
Overall, I'm interested in mechanisms (or algorithms) of AI and robots. In addition, I'm also interested in natural science. During my secondary school, my biology class is very interesting.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that computer science was the only subject I ever failed at university! I liked it, but back in those ancient days, the university had one computer. I lived in its own building. In first year, we had to write our programs and data on punch cards, submit them to be entered, wait for the processing results and then try again when a single mistake in the coding messed everything up!
    I was not good at repeating the process to fix mistakes, so I did well on theory, but really badly on practical assignments. Thankfully, my other subjects, mathematics, philosophy and dead languages, did not have practical components.

    These days, i'm also interested in AI. It amazes me how quickly this field is developing with practical applications, and I also like to read and speculate abou t how long it might be until computers can be as intelligent as humans.

    Do you like the films I, Robot and others that explore his? Transendence?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's is a really respectable way of thinking in this era that's people tend to chase after the new technology but never try to understand and adapt to it.You say that you are interesting in AI field right, so do you also interested in making an AI. for games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm really interested in game AI as well. It's always a problem if humans play against computer AI and they knows how to exploit the weakness of the AI. Since most of game AIs todays do not possess ability to learn and adapt from previous matches, the same weakness will still applied and therefore the game becomes boring for the players.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.