Wednesday 29 April 2015

My IDOLM@STER

Do you ever have someone you really look up to for a long time or perhaps all you life , or  someone that you want to really growing up to be like? Well, I do and I have so many of them that I can't even remember all their names but still remember their works, one among them is the famous artist who is still well-known to people around the world until today, and his name is Leonardo da Vinci.

If you look back two weeks ago from the day I write this blog, It would be the birthday of Leonardo da Vinci, and In honour of his birthday, BBC Culture has asked the reader to share their opinion of  their favourite works by him at "http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20150415-why-we-fell-in-love-with-da-vinci" and according to the article, it seems like no one have his most famous piece Mona Lisa as their favourite, but the same goes for me too.

Leonardo da Vinci is not only just an artist but he also a mathematician, engineer and inventor(actually he is more than this) you could say he is talented creator who contributes so many things for this world, even though most of his famous creation is all about painting but if you have studied about him before you will learn so many things that he has discovered when he was alive, and I'm pretty sure that you would be amazed by it.

His talented for art is famous across the world, and I think it is not because he born with it but it happened through his hard labor, he has studied so much and not only in the subject of art such as anatomy  perspective and light but also the physic and mechanism as well, and from a lot of study comes a fruitful result for his creativity, that he can use it to create so many amazing things, and  I'm really truly respect him for that matter, and that's why he became one of my most favourite idol.

One more thing about Leonardo da Vinci that affects me to this day is from his quote “The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.” you could say that he is also an inspiration to the works of concept art, because the core of concept art is also "The art that can make you understand the idea clearly".

Reference
Why we fell in love with Leonardo da Vinci. (2015, April 15). BBC Culture. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20150415-why-we-fell-in-love-with-da-vinci

4 comments:

  1. Having just read and commented on Aoh's post about the American TV series Breaking Bad, perhaps they are on my mind. As I read Pomm's post on da Vinci, I was reminded of the TV series Da Vinci's Demons. It's pretty silly. In fact, it's very silly, but it's also fun. Sometimes when I'm tired, I just want something that entertains and doesn't require me to think. And this silly series does also manage to work in some of the inventions and art that Pomm's mentions in his post.

    My favourite work by da Vinci? No, it isn't the Mona Lisa. I guess if I had to pick one, it would be a self portrait he did in red chalk when he was old. Or is this the one I think best, but perhaps not my favourite?

    And Pomm's favourite work by da Vinci? I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody knows that Leonado Da Vinci is the best world artist and also he is the one who created a lot of great painting. He is an incredible and intelligent artist indeed.


    Frankly speak, I don't know much art because I'm an engineer. But the first comes to my mind when someone talks about Da Vinci is his painting " The Last Supper Meal of Jesus ". That picture is such a great painting ever and also it can tell many feeling after watch it. Moreover, If you know the meaning of this painting, you might feel the same way i am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard the named Leonado Da Vinci many times, but I still have not know him much. Few things I knew about him is that he is an world class famous artist and his work which is the most popular is "Mona Lisa". Now, I have known him a little bit better, it's such a good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard the named Leonado Da Vinci many times, but I still have not know him much. Few things I knew about him is that he is an world class famous artist and his work which is the most popular is "Mona Lisa". Now, I have known him a little bit better, it's such a good blog.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.