Wednesday 29 April 2015

What Movies or TV series are you addicted currently?

      Someone said “Our life is like a character in role-playing movies”. Sometimes we are pleasured or unpleased to play that character. Moreover, sometime it starts with happiness and then it ends up with sadness. In other word, sometime it starts with hopelessness then it ends up with cheerfulness. From my point of view, watching movies or TV series can teach you a life’s lesson, give you motivation and also change your attitudes. However, I have watched a lot of movies and American series. But the best one that I just watched recently is “Breaking Bad”. It is quite a good series and also very exciting series that you can’t predict what things will happen next while you’re watching.

      According to “Breaking Bad” is an American thriller, crime drama TV series. It is produced by Vince Gilligan who directed the X-files, Hancock, etc. Additionally, this TV series won many awards such as 16 Primetime Emmy Awards, 8 Satellite Awards, 2 Global Globe Awards, 2 Peabody Awards and People’s choice Award. Furthermore, in 2014, this TV series entered the Guinness World Records as the highest rated show of all the time. In addition, this TV series is set in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It ran from in 2008-2013 and also had 5 seasons. The main characters are “Bryan Cranston” as Walter White who is a struggling high school chemistry teacher and “Aaron Paul” as Jesse Pinkman who is Walter’s former student. 


         At the beginning of this story, it is about Walter White who is a high school chemistry teacher. He is about 50 years old and also a person who has a disabled kid and he has never had success in his career. Moreover, he is still in a shaky financial situation. Furthermore, the worst thing of his life is to discover that he has a terminal lung cancer. He knows that he is going to die. That makes him very worried about his family.

         But his turning point is when his brother-in-law, Hank who is a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agent, takes him to see how to arrest drug dealers. At the same time, Mr.White sees his former student, Jesse Pinkman who is a drug dealer and he tries to escape from arrest. Then it makes Mr.White come to Jesse’s house and he decides to produce and also sell Crystallized Methamphetamine to make more money to support his family before he die.

         By the way, it’s sure thing for joining in drugs and crimes. It’s really hard to turn back and it makes him get in deeper. These things change his life forever. It changes from his normal life to a world of violent crime. At first in this series, Mr.White is quite a good person indeed. Unfortunately, he is facing the tough time such as his unstable finance, his cancer, his career and his disabled kid. This is why he chooses to be a bad person to save his family from financial problem. At the same time, he wants to have success in his career, be accepted and be on top of the world in his chemistry knowledge. Moreover, he is a very intelligent scientist and also good at chemistry. This is the reason that he makes the best Crystallized Methamphetamine and makes a lot of money. Subsequently, his wife, Skyler knows that he produces and sells drugs. She asked him why he did it. Then, Mr.White said that “I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. I was alive”. Actually, from the depths of his heart, he really wants so bad to show how good at chemistry he is and also wants everybody  to accept the way he is. 

         However, “Breaking Bad” is the great American TV series. It shows how bad a person can be when you’re facing a trouble and you have to choose between the dark side or bright side which way you should turn, before someone will turn into a bad person. What things make him give up being a good person? And what things is he facing? Does he have any choices? These such things you can find out from this series. When you watch until the entire of this series, you can get chemical knowledge and also learn how to deal with problems that you’re facing in the tough time. Everybody always has a choice in our life between do the right way or the wrong way and which one you will choose. This is why this series got many awards and is the best American series that everybody recommended that you should not miss.

         Moreover, this series shows how to deal with benefits in front of yourself and selfishness of human being. It seems like our reality in nowadays that we have to battle against goodness and wickedness to survive for the next day. Sometime it is really hard to make a decision to pick a right choice. It depends on what you deal with in that time.


Reference

Breaking Bad finale is a hit with TV critics (2013, September 30). BBC News Entertainment & Arts. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-24328751

17 comments:

  1. I've never watched Breaking Bad, so can't really comment on it.
    I generally prefer British series. Two of my currrent favourites are Downton Abbey and Sherlock. I think that Downton Abbey is fun, but zsherlock is brilliant.

    I've loved Conan Doyles' stories about the brilliant detective since I was in school, first in the book form, then later in the various TV adaptations, which followed the original stories carefully, including recreating London at the end of the 19th century, with horse cabbies and the like. What is amazing about Sherlock is that it captures SHerlock Holmes's original character perfectly, but in a modern setting, with smartphones, helicopters, laptops and horseless carriages for taxis. It's a bit like a Picasso, or David Hockney, version of the painting on page 165 of Quest.

    have you seen Downton Abbey or Sherlock?

    I can't wait for the next seasons to arrive at the video store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving me your comment. Well,you better watch " Breaking Bad ". I recommend you and you will know how the best series it is.

      When I started watching this series, it made me addicted and I had to watched it every night before I slept and also this series kept me staying up all night long to what will happen next. Moreover, you can't stop watching it and I'm pretty sure after you see this series you would fall in love with Mr.White and see how clever he is.


      By the way, I had never ever watched "Downton Abbey" but I used to watch "Sherlock Holmes". I like this series too and also I like Benedict Cumberbatch who is Sherlock Holmes. He played this character quite well and it seems like he is a Sherlock Holmes in reality. I like when Sherlock Holmes starts investigating some murder. He is quite smart to find out what happened with the victims. This is why this series is quite interesting and famous in Thailand.

      Delete
    2. I have seen Sherlock and I found that it is too short. I mean really short. Only three episodes in one season. My friend who is a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch, the actor who plays Sherlock role, suggested me to watch it. Before I watched the series I thought his face was quite weird and didn't look much attractive. But after finishing it, I has become a fan of him as well. He is freaking awesome.

      Delete
    3. Benedict Cumberbatch is quite handsome and attractive guy. Especially when he played in these characters. He acts like he is that person in reality. This is why he is the best actor ever!

      Delete
    4. Benedict Cumberbatch is quite handsome and attractive guy. Especially when he played in these characters. He acts like he is that person in reality. This is why he is the best actor ever!

      Delete
    5. Jin, I agree that each Sherlock season is too short: I wish there was a lot more to watch in each one.

      Delete
  2. While reading this, I feel something heavy in my chest. It's a very depressed story. My friend just suggested me to watch it 2 days ago and i absolutely say no! because i know that it will break my heart at the end. And i find it again in your article, bad luck.

    well, i'm actually into japanese investigate series like 'Liar game' or 'SPEC' which is more relax than american. The things i like in jp movies is that it often insert some jokes in bad situation, and almost every movies teach you something that you cant experience in your life.

    I also love reading. it is said that those who read, live more than 1 life. And i think it's like those who watch too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've watched Breaking Bad, and I'm admitting that it's a great TV series, but for me I would prefer to watch sitcom series like How I Met Your Mother,Everybody hates Chris more, even though my favourite TV series right now is Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My preference, as in Sherlock and Downton Abbey, is for British shows more than American.
      On a friends recommendation, I recently watched Prison Break, and although it was entertaining, I couldn't recommend it - too silly and implausible.

      Sherlock, once we accept the nature of the lead character, unfolds naturally and plausibly. Downton Abbey a bit less so, but it has other virtues: it's visually stunning and gives an insight into a perhaps gilded age that also reminds me of other great stories, notably Evelyn Waugh's Brideshead Revisited and the ever wonderful world of P.G. Wodehouse.

      And now I'm wondering why no one has mentioned Thai series. My excuse is that I never watch TV.

      Delete
  4. I've watched Breaking Bad, and I'm admitting that it's a great TV series, but for me I would prefer to watch sitcom series like How I Met Your Mother,Everybody hates Chris more, even though my favourite TV series right now is Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never watched Breaking Bad, so I do not have any comment for this story. However, I really like to watch American series such as criminal mind, bone, walking dead and so on. A one of the advantage point of American series is reality that means no character is good and no character is bad.Every character can have multiple behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your article is very interesting. I think the decision of someone depends on the experience and the background. All of them made someone do in the way that a lot of people don't agree with. (I write this long sentence because I don't want to say that it's a wrong thing or a bad thing.) It like the man in this story, maybe the way he did was the best thing for him in that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long sentences are fine, especially when used for a good reason. May's reason sounds pretty persuasive to me. Academic sentences, as you are perhaps discovering in your summary paragraphs for these blog posts, are often longer than your average non-academic sentence, and for good reasons. But this is something we'll be looking at as the term progresses.

      Nice comment by May.

      Delete
    2. Oh, dear, not a single verb in that last sentence.

      Delete
    3. May, thanks for giving me a nice comment!
      If I were Mr. White, I would do the same as he did.

      In our reality, It is not easy to deal with a lot of problems when you are in the tough and nobody is beside you.

      If you watch this series once, you will know how cruel he has faced and he did not have much choices to pick.
      This is why he chose to be a bad person to protect his family from the worst disaster.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.