Thursday 30 April 2015

Canadian Canoeing

Adventurous is one of the trait of being humans, and I believe deep down in the heart of a person lies a lust for adventure, but even if what i believed is not true, at the very least there is me who still believe in it. In my opinion adventure doesn't need to be a long journey to somewhere far away from home, even if it's just a small trip like wandering around the part of the town where you don't familiar with, it is also count as an adventure too for me, and if i have a time and a chance to canoeing across the country like this Canadian family, i would be gladly to do it.

According to an article "Meet the family canoeing across Canada" from a problem that occurred during their road trip home to Quebec, a Canadian family has found their new passion for canoeing, and now they are about to set off on a cross-country journey from Edmonton to Montreal with their five-year-old on 2 May, and the trip will cover more than 5,000 km through rivers and lakes.

For a long time in my life, I have always dreamed about going on a journey to somewhere far away to seek out a one great memory that last a lifetime, and a beautiful creation of our mother nature that no one has ever seen before, I could say that I would have no regret if I have had such a chance to go on a journey and experiencing such a wonderful trip just for once in my life.

About two years ago, there was a film named "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" directed by Ben Stiller, the story of the film is about the life of a dull guy who lives a dull life in modern society but then he took a step outside of his old life to new journey across the country because of some work's problem that occurred, I was so much impressed by it, that after the movie has ended I still stay in the cinema with my friend until the credit runs out, and I was so inspired that I googled for a trip to Iceland but then I realized that I don't even have the money for the trip(I was very sad that day).

Believe it or not, even if you never had a chance to go on a journey to somewhere faraway or just a small trip somewhere near your house, you'll still have a one great adventure and that's called       "The Adventure of Life."  

__________
Reference
Luxen, M. (2015, May 29).  Meet the family canoeing across Canada. BBC News US & Canada. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32503810

4 comments:

  1. Reading Pomm's summary, I was reminded how a small, seemingly unmiportant event can have have a massive effect. I haven't followed the link to check, but guess that the family car broke down or something similar.

    In my case, a chance remark by a friend many years ago led to me deciding, more or less on the spot, to leave Australia and travel for a couple of years. That couple of years is long past. I still haven't returned to live in Australia. I sometimes wonder how my life might have turned out had a friend not said, in response to my question, "I reckon you'd be crazy if you didn't."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that everyone can be the adventurer in their real life, even if they have never travel far from home. It will be the great one or small one, depend on their lifestyle and attitudes. For me, if I have experienced with something new that I've never done or seen it before, it would be a kind of adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read your paragraph, the first thing that come to my mind is "How could they do that". I've experienced canoeing before. It consumes lots of power. They must be very strong to do cross-country canoeing, or they have to spend several years to do that.

    About traveling, I think travel is a very beneficial activity, especially when you travel abroad. It makes you understand the world more. Living in other country also teaches your adaptation skill. Of course, there are numbers of cultures in our world, and each culture is different. When you go to other country, you'll have to adapt your self to them, or you may have problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think one important thing for taking an adventure trip in somewhere in the world is bravery.If you are brave enough to leave the your problem and encounter the trouble in the trip, it would be easy to start your journey because you will have the inspiration and be endure to support your trip such as saving money, searching trip's information and preaparation your body to begin the beautiful journey.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.