Tuesday 22 November 2016

How to Be Good At Selling?

What I read 
In "Here’s what the best salespeople do to close more deals and make tons of money", the enterprise tech reporter, Eugene Kim, revealed the 19 in common characteristics of the best salespeople and their team always do in order to make a close deals by looking at Salesforce’s latest annual State of Sales report and a separate survey of 280 salespeople.The examples of those characteristics are that  most salespeople are not spending most of their time selling; 64-percent is Non-selling, best salespeople are early-birds and so on. you can find the least of them in "Here’s what the best salespeople do to close more deals and make tons of money".
_______________________________________ 

My response
This article is written to the people who want to be good at selling. However. some of those characteristics are not only be found in the good salespeople, but also other effective people likes some example of the characteristic that I wrote in the summary of the reading, the early-bird people.

This also reminds me of my grandmother quote. She always told me since I was a child when I wake up late that early-riser people would be done many jobs and sell many things when I was in the bed and they could get a lot of money. On the other hand, I'm still in the bed and do nothing. This teaching always pushed me to wake up early, but some day I could not because I had been gone to bed late. So I fixed this problem by setting my sleeping time and I want to sleep at least 7 hours since it is good for my brain to get enough sleep. Nevertheless, when I get many tasks to be done I will sleep only 6 hours.

I think sales is a very tough job because it has to deal with many types of customers and we have to have a rhetoric skill which I really want to good at. Another thing comes to my mind when I think of selling something, win-win situation. I believe that when I want to sell something to other, it could have to benefit to customers. Salespeople should not only think about the money that they would get, but they should think how customer will get from their product. This will create that rebuy process and both sides will get the benefits. On the other hand, the win-lose situation will finally lead to lose-lose situation. The employee case, for instance, when you want to hire someone to do some jobs for you but you pay him/her lower than he/she expects. He/she will eventually leave the job when he/she can find a job with their expected wages. At the beginning, you will be in win situation because you pay less but at the end, you will be in lose situation because you will lose an experienced person and have to find the new person for doing your job instead.

_______________________________________ 

Reference

1 comment:

  1. For me selling is not only selling products. Everyone sells without being aware of doing so. People at least sell themselves once. "Selling" in my personal dictionary is the action of convincing others to think that "the thing" is valuable to them. To clarify my point, when I apply for studying in graduate school, I have to convince them that I am the one for the school; in other words, I "sell" myself to the school. I think that selling skill is one of the most important skill for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.