Monday 21 November 2016

How to live in Hong Kong's luxury bedroom?

What I read 
According to "can luxury cage homes fix Hong Kong's housing crisis?", Andrea writes that a "luxury cage" in Hong Kong. Nowadays, cost of living in Hong Kong is one of top in the world .Luxury cage home was built by Wong who offers alternative bedroom. The outstanding of it is cheaper, safer, and more comfortable than normal flat. Moreover, luxury cage home uses a little space, thus it can build in the city center.


_______________________________________ 

My response

When I saw the headline on the CNN's homepage, I thought that is interesting but I just concentrated on pictures. Presently, Bangkok will have problems same as Hong Kong because price of condominiums is increasing everyday. Luxury cage home is a first alternative choice for me. Not only save my money, but I also manage my space to make others, such as bigger living room, bigger kitchen room and bigger desk.

Conversely, other people argue that they do not like it because they thing it is narrow space. If they cannot live alone in accommodations, they will be lonely and depressed. I suggest they should fine other methods.

Admittedly, in the future, many countries will have same problems about space of living. It is better?, we are preparing to manage our space in order to confront the problems.


_______________________________________ 

Reference

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Cheer. I would not have read this if you hadn't blogged it. I also like the connections with the topic we are discussing in Skillful this week.

    But the lack of a private bathrooms would worry me. I'm not sure how I feel about sharing other facilities.

    More optimistically, the human population is reaching a maximum and starting to decrease in more countries, so perhaps time will provide more attractive solutions to the lack of space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the design of the luxury cage from the picture I think they have used the space perfectly well and look convenient. But for me I don't really like it I want to sleep in a room with more space. Although I think this idea is more suitable for tourists who want to spend less money than staying in a hotel. The luxury cage is appropriated to be a temporary place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read you article, it reminds my of my travelling trip in japan. There are a lot of capsule hostels which are same kind like your luxury home and it was very popular since I have lower price than typical hotel.

    I am the one person who like travel around the world, and the capsule hostel is one of my choice because it is cheaper than the normal hotel and it feel more private than normal hostels. I got some bad experience in the normal hostel which normally provides you with bunk beds. In one room, it normally got people more than 6 people and If some people making loud noise during the night time, I could not sleep. Even through they tried to make quiet as possible but there is still a noise. In addition, they would not go to bed at the same time, it would be noisy all night long. In contrast, when I was in the capsule, it is so private and I can sleep like a baby without disturbing.

    One problem which I have confronted with in the hostel is on big lockers for a luggage, some hostels provide them but most are not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the connections Topp makes in response to Cheer's post. The details are useful and explain well why Topp thought of his experiences in Japan.

      It reminds me of when I was travelling many years ago, just after university. I prefer more comfort these days, so pay for a nice hotel, but I don't regret my experience of hostels, with all their disadvantages. But perhaps the lack of privacy also comes with benefits. I met a lot of different people that way, and the shared bathrooms weren't that bad. Most people were responsible and left them in a clean, decent state.

      In fact, when I was at university, I lived at an Oxford style college at Sydney University, although there we had more of a sense of community: we were living together for years. And at my university college, we didn't have to worry about cooking - the college took care of our meals and everything else. Is it the same at Thai universities?

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.