Monday 21 November 2016

What do you think about "text lanes"?

What I read 
In " If you walk and text, you'll look like a bloody idiot", Peter reported that the number of "distracted walking injuries" in US has double. The disadvantages of using the phone while walking can not only change the way people walk, it can make them look silly or behave unpredictably. Moreover, It can annoyed people who walk behind them. A few countries solve this problem by having "text lanes" for people who love to texting and walking at the same time.

                                          _______________________________________ 

My response
I admit that I'm the one who addicted with mobile phone very much. Sometime I love to text and walk at the same time which I realise that it's very dangerous. It's easy for me to have a big accident.

I don't think that the idea of "text lanes" can solve the problem of people who addict with mobile phone. The best way to solve this problem is communicating about disadvantages of mobile phone or strict for occasions for people to use mobile phone. However, I'm not sure that my suggestions will be practicable or not? Because it's very hard to immediately change behaviours of someone.         
_______________________________________ 

Reference

3 comments:

  1. After her second response paragraph, I was hoping Ae might continue with her take on the connection with Ariely's ideas in "The Context of Our Characters, Part I". But she stopped!

    Not to worry, I'm sure someone else will follow up on the ideas in Ae's source and her response to them. ANd of course, as our quick response blogs over the past couple of weeks have shown, we expect, and we welcome, different responses to the same stimuli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my dad sees this blog post he would agree on the title " If you walk and text, you'll look like a bloody idiot" and he would start complaining about it again and again so I wouldn't bother to tell my dad but I will share his thought on this with you instead.

    My dad is the only one in 5 of us who can drive so he drives all day long and faces with people who lack of conscience. One of them is people who walk with their phones in hands. We met those people everyday they're walking and texting at the same time without looking out for cars or other people then my dad need to horn the car to warn them all the time.

    People should be aware while they are walking and should not be texting. If it is necessary just stop walk and find some place to sit and begin to look at their phones. I always keep reminding myself to stop playing the phone while I'm outside or walking because I know how things can happen if you get hit by a car. It's not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Currently, that is the biggest problem around the would. I am an annoy when people walk and text because they block my ways. Moreover, not only disturb others but that also make a lot of accidents and injuries.

    Conversely, If they hold their position, we should build text lanes for them ,but the cost is quite expensive and it is hard to build. Who should pay the cost?

    In my opinion , they must not text message, surf the internet and play games when they walk. Without use smartphone while walking, people will be safe.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.