Tuesday 8 March 2011

Drinking from a bottle

"Drinking from a bottle instead of the tap just doesn't hold water" is a topic, which make skepticism for me. I wonder why drinking from a bottle is a serious problem in US. However, when i finished this article,it makes me concerned about our environment.

According to the Earth Policy Institute ,some 2.7 million tons of petroleum-derived are used to bottle water around the world every year, and costs consumers up to 1,900 times more than tap water.The container recycling reports that 86 percent of plastic water bottle in the U.S. end up as garbage or little.

I'm a person who usually drinking from a bottle instead of a tap . I think drinking from a bottle is convenient ,and the important reason is water in a bottle is more clean than water from a tap.According to this article, shows how does drinking from a bottle is a serious problem in U.S.
In thailand, it can be a serious problem too. However, we don't pay more attention about plastic bottle because we think that it can recycle. Actually,we don't know the quantity of plastic waste and the quantity that how much it can recycle.So, we must more concerned about plastic waste.
Besides, thai government should take care of water supply.I think water from a tap in thailand isn't enough clean and safe water to drink.If water from a tap is clean enough for drinking, it's a good way to reduce a plastic bottle.
__________
References
Drinking from a bottle instead of the tap just doesn't hold water.(2011,march 4).Scientific American.Retrieved March 8,2011 from http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=bottled-water-ridiculous-waste

5 comments:

  1. I think the same as kwang. In Thailand, the water from the tap is not clean. I always see a madman that was drinking from the public tap . I don't dare drinking because I think there are many disease at a faucet. I ever have some bad experience, a bird was flying pass my head and then it defecate. then i saw an government tap. I feel pleasure but when i open a tap. It don't have a water. I think government should improve a public utility in every aspect both health and sanitation of people

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your idea in last paragraph. The problem of Thailand is tap water. Tap water is not clean enough to drink. Government need to improve the quality of tab water and convince the population that tab water can really drink. I think we could not solve the problem untill the government can solve tab water's problem. The other thing that produce a huge numbers of plastic waste in Thailand is plastic bags. This is a habbit of Thai people that they used to yse plastic bag when they by something or go shopping, enen though you buy only one item but you still want plastic bag. This is not good, government should take care more on this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really concerned about this kind of situations. Especially, everything that can lead to make our world warming. I agreed with Nan said that government need to improve the quality of tap water to convince people about tap water is really good for health. So, not only government should take care about this but also everybody in this world have to concern about everything that can make the world become hotter. For example, concerning about 3R that are reuse, recycle, and reduce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized how many I use plastic bottles for each day. And thinking of people all over the world use them as many as me every day, makes me surprised because of tons of the waste of plastic. I think in the coming future, plastic, one of the global warming causes, will be used less than we do now and will be replaced by tap, if government concerns about the quality of tap water and hygiene and importantly everyone in the country has to keep taps clean as much as he/she can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Besides the global warming effect that is the direct result of this issue, I have another effect that affect directly to me and us. Since I have never trust the cleanness of tap water, I used to buy bottoms of drinking water everyday. Then, I saw my friend bring a safely refillable bottom of water that she fill water from water source that she trust in its cleanness for her daily drinking water. At first, it seems inconvenient to me. But she gave some interesting opinions that if I have to buy drinking water everyday, that means I have to pay for it "at least" 7 bath per day, which is 210 bath per month, and 2500 bath per year. It would be better if you bring this money to buy other things, or to save our world. Of course, what I have said does not count the matter of plastic waste that all of us have been realizing. Why we have to spend money to rush the global warming?

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.