Monday 26 September 2011

Criminal on Mobile

What is a popular thing in this century?

The answer is the smartphones. In present, the smartphones have become a popular stuff in every age. The makers develop the smartphone to more advance in every year. There are more comfortable and high technology than before. And the most popular one is touch screen mobile phones such as iPhone, Samsung, Nokia and so on. Developing are not only a smartphone, but also application. There are many applications that support on the phones.

According to "Warning about cost of rogue apps" on BBC news website, when the users load application, they have to pay some application by credit card. They must put the credit card number on the phone. Sometime, they don't know about charging. Therefore, it is an easy way for hacker to cheat. However, the regulator has a plan to protect for consumers. The cost of application must be clear and have a password requirement and an explanation of it. These are protect when the children buy items that they don't understand too. As a result, this requirement make for growing economies and innovative in digital world.

I agree with this requirement because I am a user too. Some application that I want have a high cost. So, I have to decide before pay some application. I think the password is an important thing and very useful. For example, sometime, friends or other person that play another's phone, they have to get a permission for the phone owner before use it. Or when your phone is stolen by someone, maybe they will use your phone to pay applications and when they got the applications, they can sell it on the wrong way. So, we have to do anything that we can protect our rights and support creative. The creatives will have a power to continue their ideas. We will have some new good application ever.
__________
References
Warning about cost of rogue apps. (2011, September 25). BBC News. Retrieved September 26,2011. from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15038686

7 comments:

  1. Aom, I think it's true that you think the smartphones are popular because i saw many advertisemant about smartphones in mediums, like newspapers, TV and so on. I don't know much about paying applications because I've never used credit card to buy applications. However, I think it can help people who ever pay it by credit card to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the emphasis that Aom gives in her response to the importance of paying creative people for their efforts. That's why I think it's not just immoral but harming yourself in future to do things like buy pirated software, DVDs, and things like that.

    People who create music we love, software we use, and movies we enjoy are creating value, so they deserve to be paid for that when we enjoy what their efforts make possible. If we don't enjoy it or find it useful, then we should decide not to use it, rather than to steal it and not give them anything for their hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a smart phone yet. I'm waiting until my current unsmart mobile dies before I give some encouragement to Steve Jobs, or whoever, for their creative efforts to make my life better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a smart phone,too. I don't dare to use it for two reasons; I am likely to press everything popping up on the screen and I always drop my phone from a pocket.

    A security system on smart phone may prevent me from download something I don't really want. However, there have not been a system that protect a fragile smart phone against a daily impact. So, I still continue waiting to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady-Aom,
    I like your blog because it is about the most recent fashion information which is not too dificult. Maybe, you know the phrase " There is a flying person over a running man." It means that the more devices are developed, the clever tricks are created. Even though the smartphone is smart itself, as you said, we have to make sure that there are many chances whcih our credit cards' number or personal information are to be robbed by smart people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a good idea to pay attention to security of smartphone because when you use smartphone, you will depend on it. Everything you use everyday will be in your smartphone. Moreover, you can make banking transactions from your mobile phone. It is risk if there are not enough security systems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sunny. I never heard about it. So, I have to pay attention with everything. I think in the future, maybe human will be controlled by technology. We have to becareful.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.