Friday 23 September 2011

Jumping of viruses


Everyday, we can not see that what there are in the air. Like viruses. There are many viruses species that make new diseases to human. We don't know where are they from. Maybe from natural, maybe human or maybe animals. Some of them has name of animal such as bird flu. However, flu is more dangerous than before. And many people dies because of some flu.

According to "Edinburgh and Cambridge scientists make virus discovery" on BBC news website, the research by Edinburgh and Cambridge universities want to know how virus like H5N1 (bird flu) make human sick. They found new knowledge that viruses can jump between species and make new diseases. Unbelievable, it is easy to spray in new species instead the original. They said some of flu type such as Sars, HIV and so on come from other species. This research is important to predict new diseases in the future.

This research gives new information for me. First, I am afraid of only bird when I walked and saw them. But now I change my mind because some of flu are not only come from bird, but also group of flies or other species. For me, when I got a flu, I just did anything like everyday. And I think many people did like me too. We don't think that bird flu can kill people immediately. However, we have to be careful when someone get a flu. Because we don't know how dangerous is it. Maybe it comes from a little virus but when it infects to another people, it can become a big disease. Therefore, we have to take care of ourself such as exercise everyday and keep clean. It is a basic for make a good health. If we have a good health, it can protect and far from viruses.
__________
References
Bird flu. (2011, September 23). In Wikipedia. The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved September 23, 2011 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_flu

Edinburgh and Cambridge scientists make virus discovery. (2011, September 22). BBC News. Retrieved September 23, 2011 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-15023711

6 comments:

  1. I like your topic! Sometime I don't concern more about it because I think it's not dangerous. Now I know it can change to new diseases that are dangerous more than original. I think I should avoid it and exercise everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that we should take care ourselves, and when we are in a public place or a place with many people, should stay away from people who sneeze or cough to protect infection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady-Aom
    Your topic reminds me of a few years ago chaos which was related to H1N1 virus. At that time we knew that just a kind of flu could take peoples' lives. In the future, these knids of flu viruses will threaten us more often. To beat these dangerous influenza, as you said, it is important for us to exercise to make us healthy, but I think the more important thing is that we have to keep our world natural because the results of our behaviors can cause bad diseases'incidence and then other species bring them back to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nowadays, diseases have been developing themselves very quickly and affect to human health. Though, medical scientists also try to carry out efficient curing methods to solve this problems. It is inadequate to protect diseases around us.

    I agree with everyone who posted. We should take care our health first, by eating nutritious foods, working out, keeping hygiene and setting good mind.

    And one more thing, when any people are infected, they should protect both themselves and others as well. For example, when I got cold, I should take medicines and wear a sanitary mask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more effective medicine is, the more dangerous virus become. Today, I notice myself that when I have a cold, it takes longer time to get well. I have to take more dose or try using new medicine. I totally agree with you that we should exercise everyday, eat good food and have an enough sleep. The best way to cure yourself is to protect yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kwang, I agree with you. We should protect themselves and other people. Before bird flu occurred in Thailand, Thai people had barely used face marks. Today, I see many people wear a sanitary when they have to go out of home. It is a better change for our health.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.