Sunday 4 March 2012

Cybercrime to Nasa computers

No one can refuse that the computer is neccesary for our lifes today. Almost all of company must have computer in working and nearly every single house in developed country has a computer at least. We use computer for drawing up documents, keeping information, being communication machinery and making a pleasure entertainment. Therefore, much information of both individuals and organizations is kept in this kind of machine. Some information of a owner is so much worth that others may need it for some benefits. As Nasa computers were hacked, they contain a lot of space, science and technology information of United States. A relatively one published on March 2nd, 2012 on BBC news is "Hackers had 'full functional control' of Nasa computers".


In "Hackers had 'full functional control' of Nasa computers", Paul K Martin reports that hackers not only could take over all of Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) computers but also compromised the accounts of the most privileged JPL users. He added that the attack  involved Chinese IP addresses. Investigation was in process that the clues of Nasa's cybersecurity was handed in to the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology's Subcommittee and Oversight. He said that the hackers can be accessible to all of the systems. They are able to modify, copy, or delete sensitive files or upload hacking tools to steal user credentials and compromise other Nasa systems. Mr.Martin reported Nasa was a  "target-rich environment for cyber attacks".The investigations had resulted in arrests and convinctions foreigns China, Great Britain, Italy, Nigeria, Portugal, Romania, Turkey, and Estonia. Nevertheless, the chairman of the congressional subcommittee, Rep Paul Broun, quoted in an online report of proceedings, said: "Despite this progress, the threat to Nasa's information security is persistent, and ever changing. Unless Nasa is able to constantly adapt - their data, systems, and operations will continue to be endangered."


When I met this title, I suddently think about the international criminal. If I think of Nasa, I always think and the institution which have high technology about science and space. I think that the highest kind of technologies of the world are assembled in this area. I never think that no one can steal information or some stuff from there. 


I think that cybercrime is extremely danger for all of the people in the world, not just a single institution because some secret information can lead to war and terrorism. For example, military and weapon information is the top secret that terrorist can bring it to make a crime and smuggle something. Moreover, I am also bored by computer viruses. It make my computer have an error and out of work. I often have problems about this kind of cybercrime although I do not have much information in my computer that I am sure that many people have the same problems with me.



References
Hackers had 'full functional control' of Nasa computers.(2012, March 2). BBC News. Retrieved March 4, 2012 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17231695


3 comments:

  1. Cybercrime in Nasa case, I think hackers are the bad persons. But how they know the way to hack those Nasa's computers, they should know how Nasa's computers work. Then I guess that they should be a good staff or contact some good staffs inside the Nasa office first. I mean they can be the good persons in some aspects.
    I'm not sure about a cypercrime is and I have ever gotten suffer with virus computers. But some good aspect of those hackers should be concern. Those hackers allow me use many programs that really useful for study and work without payments. I bore about licence and interlectual property. This meant that I have to pay for the program's companies. What do you think, if I am only a student which have not much money to pay for their program? If you are only a user and use only yourself (don't available or sell to another people), it should be good opportunity for me to thank you those hackers. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true of you. I also have to thanks them for some aspect. Although, it is not actually right things to do, I still use their services. But it did not mean that I am not wrong. I think that just not to make some problems wildly others. It is OK for me.

      Delete
    2. That is excellent answer.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.