Friday 16 March 2012

Have you ever had your name written on Starbuck cup?


New marketing of coffee chains Starbuck, is asking UK customer name to become closer to their customer. Some people don’t like this idea because baristas write the wrong name on the cup.

According to “Will you tell Starbuck your name” the article on BBC News, normally barista always called by type and size of coffee that customer orders. But Starbuck policy has change to asking their customer and write name on the coffee cup. Barista was miswritten and spelling the wrong name, as "Accents are tricky," sympathies contributor Paul Carr, of his new name Pole. "This is how you spell my name if you want to say it with a sexy voice"(2012 12) so, customers gave the fake name to them. But some people said they come to Starbucks’ café to drink coffee; they didn’t come to make friends. Anyway, people will love it or not. On the other hand, it’s unique and people will talk about it.

I used to name on my Starbuck cup once time, I think it was very funny. I was so wondered when barista asked my name and write down on the cup, but she asked me to spell my name. It’s not happened in UK but in Boston. There was a first and last Starbuck café that was asked my name. If they miswritten and miss spelling my name I won’t mad or do nothing. I will make to funny. I think it’s very unique and good advertisement because when you do things that other won’t do; it will become talk of the town, people will talk about it and it will be famous easily

Many people love coffee, love Starbuck coffee, why? I think because of smell, taste, and service. Everywhere, every corner of the street, every department store has Starbuck.

Many people are addicted to coffee. My aunt is coffee lover, she drink coffee every day after lunch, but one day in the afternoon she didn’t drink a coffee and she walk across the street, suddenly she falling, she said ”because she didn’t drink the coffee”, there is the reason of her fell. I think we should concern about disadvantage of coffee before it hurt you.
__________
References

2 comments:

  1. I find thai people like drinking coffee more than chinese.People keep in a long line waiting buy coffee after lunch in Starbucks.Long term effect of coffee is pigmentation of faces for yellow race and irritable constitution according chinese traditional medicine.Thus,coffee in China isn't as popular as in thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I'm like Ploy's aunt - I'm addicted to coffee, and I do mean addicted. I now have a physical tolerance to the active drugs of addiction in coffee. If I miss my morning coffee, I get a nasty headache around lunchtime, which gets worse until I have a hit.

    But I don't think this drug addiction is particularly a problem. It's easy to get my two daily doses of coffee. There is also some evidence that coffee is healthy. See "Tea and coffee 'protect against heart disease'" and "How much coffee is safe?"

    But it's also an enjoyable and a sociable thing to do. And I think these are real benefits to consider, even if it were a bit unhealthy.

    Just because something is unhealthy isn't a good enough reason to not do it, certainly not to ban it. If being bad for health were a good enough reason to ban something, then living in Bangkok or any other polluted and stressful city would be illegal!

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.