Saturday 17 March 2012

What is a new job of Thai traffic Police?

Catching a driver who run the red light, apprehending the offending driver, solving the car crashed problem, and managing traffic chaos about traffic rule among people are the activities of traffic police in Thailand. The majority of traffic police in Thailand are smart men who always work in early morning and stay late until night for driver and passenger on the roads. What do you think if traffic police need to do another special job? Can you guess? Which kind of this special job is?

According to “Thai traffic police deliver 100 babies in 15 years” on the BCC’s news, it reported that traffic police men health have been delivered 100 babies in last fifteen years. Because of heavy traffic jam in Thailand, many pregnant women cannot go to hospital on time for giving birth. Therefore, the training courses for traffic policemen in emergency medical best practice is needed. This courses help to deliver newborn baby safely by traffic police officers where a medical staff is not available in the road with medical deliver kit.

This is the new special job of Thai traffic police whereas the majority is man. At the emergency, people may concentrate how to save mother and child rather than how to embarrass between pregnancy woman and a smart policeman. This new activities is good approach for Thai traffic police officer, for example, policemen can save one woman and her new lovely baby life and he can develop his skill to be skill birth attendant. If I was born in a hand of a traffic police officer, I will respect him to be my doctor and special person who give chance for me to see this world. How is this job wonderful!

This is the really surprise news for me. I have never heard about this training, I always imagine that ambulance and nurse always come to give this kind of emergency. In reality, no car can move and how ambulance can come on time of delivering a new baby. This training course is really useful and it is extraordinary idea of Thai medical teams for save new born child. Later on new mother and child should refer to nearest hospital for antenatal care. How is this idea wonderful!_________

References

Thai traffic police deliver 100 babies in 15 years. (2012, March 15). BBC News. Retrieved March 17, 2012 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17374225

BBC news (2012). Thai traffic police deliver 100 babies in 15 years. JPG. Bangkok, BCC's news. 642 x 263.


6 comments:

  1. Thailand is a well-deserved Buddhistic country.In buddhistic teachings,helping wowen giving birth a baby are merits and virtues.I suppose this is the reason why these policemen can overcome embarrassment to deliver newborn babies.Anyway,thailand and thai are thoughtful and kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I think if they are not strictly with their deep believe,it can normal behaviors of people in every contries. I apriciate these police men who work hard on severe traffic problems.

      Delete
  2. I'd never thought of that, but when I read Cartoon's post, I thought it was obvious. Of course someone has to help women giving birth when stuck in traffic.

    Actually, I think the traffic is much better today than it was when I first arrived in Bangkok, and the air is cleaner. But obviously there are still problems. ANd perhaps I'm wrong about the traffic - I like on Silom Road, and most places I go are within walking distance or a short BTS trip. I love the BTS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. but one of observation, How pregnant women can clamb up to take sky train? and Should we train some BTS skytrain's staff to be a skilled birth attendant?

      Delete
  3. It also reminded me of my youngest brother's birth> My family live in the country, about 30 kms from the large town with the hospital that my mother likes, and although my father drove very fast at 2:00 AM, they didn't quite make it to the hospital in time.

    But he was my mother's sixth baby, and she wasn't too worried. There were no problems, and after spending the night in the hospital, she came back home the next day with my 11 lb 10 oz baby brother, who was in perfect health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally, many of mother can give birth by herself but the process that make a save and good envoronment for her child, I think we need a knowledgable person such as Gynecologist, Medical doctors, Nurse or skilled birth attendant. The emergency for delivery situation should be concern because I heard that in many contries mother and her child death due to unsafe labour situation with non-medical staff.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.