Sunday 10 March 2013

An unforgetable year ever in Argentina

When I was younger, my dream was being an exchange student at some strang place which barely everyone knows or visits that country. At age 16, I had chance to decide weather I should go to exchange abroad and my decision was "YES" because I wanted to gain unique experience like no one would never have it before. As I read on BBC news website, I found the article about Argentina which is a country that I went for exchange and it was very interesting as well.

According to "Argentina profile", it is located in south america and its terrian is includes part of the Andes mountain range, swamps, The plains of the Pampus and a long coastline. Argentina is rich in resources, is one south america's largest economies and has many attractive places to visit.

When I read it for the first time,it reminded me about my unforgetable year ever in my life which was being an exchange student when I was in high school. I went to Argentina that they speak Spanish as their mother language. In the beginning of that year, it was such a really tough time because I had to adapt almost everything such as my lifestyle, the way to talk, learning spanish, and finding some more friends. It may called "Culture shock" but when that time gone by, I felt like I did love Argentina as my another hometown. Argentinian was very kind and friendly that part made me feel less nervous about getting to know new people. In addition, Speaking spanish was once my most fluently language because I spoke it everyday and that made me hardly to speak Thai or English.

Travelling was my favorite part in Argentina. I do travelled a lot including Iguazu which is a waterfall in the north of Argentina, Buenos Aires which is the capital in that country, its style is look like european style but seems a bit difference and chaos like Bangkok as well, Tucuman where my lovely friend lived and Mendoza where is located on the west side of Argentina that is very near the Andes mountain. My most favorite travelling was Iguazo that I went to all of my AFS friends including all Thai students which stayed in other parts of this country so that I can speak Thai for my first time like everyday, it was really funny becuase we all that time used to speaking Spanish and sometimes when we spoke, it's like Thai and Spanish mixed together and the most important part of this trip, at least we could share our story to others exchange student when we were there.

One year in Argentina taught me a lot. It made me grow up as well and know how to take care of myslef and being a good person. It shaped me up how to adapt with such a different eviroment. Yes, it takes time to get in to it but once you used to it and you will learn it as a part of your life. As this quote said "The experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"

_____
Reference
Argentina profile. BBC news Latin america. Retrieved March 09,2013 from                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-18707514

3 comments:

  1. I've never been to Argentina, but when I think of it, it's as an example of the evils of allowing the military, army generals and other officers, to interfere in politics and use the army to control the people. This is not only anti-democratic, but it is economically and socially disastrous as well, as we see in Argentina, where the people would be much better off today were it not for the persistent political scheming and deep corruption of rotten army officers seeking power.

    Thankfully, as Pin Pin's chosen source tells us, after they lost the Falklands war with England in 1982, the massive but worthless Argentine army finally lost political power, and that was very good for the Argentine people and nation.

    It appears, not surprisingly, that more democracy is good for everyone except tine elites of evil traditional leaders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last quote of your blog post! Most of memorable experiences in my life are what I haven't expected before. Your story is interesting. It's fun to read your student exchange experience.

    I don't know much about this country. One thing that reminds me of Argentina is a national flag, a sky blue and white three bands with a yellow sun in the middle, which is pretty colors and quite different from other countries. Also, some of Spanish Colonial architectures are truly colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always questioning myself that why I didn't go abroad as a exchange student when I was in high school. At that time, I thought that I have very good time with my friends and there are many school activities that I can't missed. Now, I realized that it was a great opportunity, why don't I go get it. This is really sad for me:(

    My cousin was an Argentina exchange student. He can speak 3-4 languages when he studies there. He got many experiences that he can't get anywhere. And he also had memorable time as Pin have told too.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.