Tuesday 26 March 2013

Not Easy to Be Multi-Millionaire

How much money did you earn when you were 17 years old?

When I was seventeen, I had earned a little money from my part time job that I was hired to do an easy job such as wash my father car. I got 20 baht a time after I finish washed my father car.

According to “Yahoo spends 'millions' on UK teen Nick D'Aloisio's Summly app” article, the British teenager who can earn dozens of millions pound from selling his mobile app named Summly to a gigantic web company named Yahoo in which he and his colleagues created it when he was fifteen years old just want to buy new pair of Nike training shoe and a new computer, but before that he want to save and bank it at the moment.

In recent years, I have seen super-rich people who are rich from selling their mobile application, for example, Draw something application. I believe that creating a popular mobile application will be a good shortcut to be a wealthy; however, this shortcut is not an easy way to do, for instance, the creator of Drawing Somethings game had to create a hundred of games before he archived his success. It seems like many inventors in the part which they had to invent many things before he found the best one, for example Sir. Thomas Edison, the inventors of the light bulb, he had to test thousands kinds of material before he found Tungsten. Therefore, the ways usually open and wait for enthusiastic people who never give up.

What do you think? Should young people learn how to code program which they might be multi-millionaires in the future, If their application were very popular?

__________
Reference
Yahoo spends 'millions' on UK teen Nick D'Aloisio's Summly app. (2013, March 25) BBC News Technology retrieved March 26, 2013 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21924243

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of that well known university drop out Bill Gates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that people who create new things like this app deserve all the wealth they earn, unlike those who are rich through accidents of birth or unjust political manipulation of whole societies.

    This teen, like Bill Gates, Sergey Brin and others, have created products that add great value to the lives of, literally, billions of people. MS Word and Windows have helped me for years, and I'm perfectly happy to pay my little to Bill Gates in exchange for the value he's given me. I would never think of being a thief by using an illegal copy of something that is so valuable to me. The same for music and DVDs - I can't see any good reason for anyone to steal from creators of value by buying illegal, pirated copies of DVDs and so on. However attractive and easy it might be , it's also morally wrong.

    On the other hand, can people deserve wealth that they merely inherit and never do anything to earn? And for which they never create any value for others?

    And now I'm thinking of related political and economic issues: should governments force some citizens to support other citizens who contribute nothing of any value to others or to society?

    I seem to have strayed a bit from Bas's post, but it was most thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.