Thursday 7 March 2013

Sleep less, More disease

We spend time one-third everyday to sleep, but it isn't waste of our time at all. People need to sleep, and while you are sleeping, your body system is working and repairing itself.

According to "Poor Sleep Linked to Heart Failure, Norwegian Study Says", substandard sleep can lead to heart severe failure, because your heart is too weak to work and pump blood around the body with the right pressure. The linked between poor sleep and heart failure is unclear, however, smoking, obesity, diabetes, other disease, and bad habit could pulling the trigger to sleepless.

I heard about sleep linked to heart disease for a long time. However, it isn't familiar to me because I always sleep at least 7-9 hours a day. I have known that the lack of sleep can make your health unhealthy and your body system doesn't work very well. For instance, less sleep can tend to eat more. I experienced this theory many times when I had a few hours sleep, I ate more in following day. I don't know why, but I found out in many health magazine, health gurus talking this thing also, sleep and eat. It also make people gain their weight. I read a magazine, they said that body has a health repair clock system. Every part of our body work on the exact time, for instance, large intestine (or colon) is working around 5am-7am, stomach is working around 7am-9am, spleen is working around 9am-11am. If you didn't rest enough, your body system might not work or work with ineffective.

The progress of technology these day making people gradually changing their lifestyle. Before going to bed they always involve with computer, mobile phone, the Internet, laptop, and tablet. This convenient items tend to causing the effect for user one way or another. My friend had a car crash because she's texting to someone, fortunately, she didn't get hurt or any pain, except the panic. I also found on the Internet that the electronic signal can disturb your sleep and make your sleep low quality.

One way to get rid of insomnia which is quite work for me is doing yoga. Slow motion of posing the yoga poses make you sleepy. While you do yoga, yogi always turn on the nature sound or relaxing sound. It's make you feel sleepier.

__________
Reference
Mundasad, S. (2013, March 6). Poor sleep linked to heart failure, Norwegian study says. BBC News Health. Retrieved March 7, 2013 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21667943 

9 comments:

  1. There is no need to write in MS Word, but if you do write in MS Word and then Copy and Paste into the blog, please use the Remove Formatting tool; otherwise, all the weird MS Word formatting is copied and that messes up how the blog displays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ploy,
    Thank you for kicking off the response blogging with a good post. I worry about my own sleep. Here it is, two o'clock in the morning and instead of being in bed, I'm sitting in front of my computer!

    I don't do this often, but I'm definitely an evening person - I hate going to bed early and getting up early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a night owl too! I think I can do something creative in the tranquil night and I think it is even better than what I do during the day times.

      I regularly go to bed late and it makes me easy to sleep. Whenever I have to go to bed early for some reasons I certainly can't sleep. I stay alert until time that I normally sleep.

      Delete
  3. I don't have a specific bedtime, although I try to set it regular. Mostly, it depends on my day-to-day activities.

    I'm think that lack of sleep is somehow related to emotional states. It occasionally leads me to being inactive, falling into depression or even feeling hungry.

    In contrast, having a good sleep make me stay fresh (at least for a while). Like Ploy, I find that yoga is very helpful. I find myself going to bed early after doing it. Apart from yoga class, I'm really enjoy yoga apps. It is very easy to follow and it's free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always experience on sleep less when I was during the exam...and as Ploy said, I did eat a lot and during the exam phenomenon made me gain many weight. Each day when I wake up during that time I felt like I was a Zombie and my sleep circle was totally ruined. On the other hand, When I'm have time to do everything I actually care about how long should I sleep tonight today and tomorrow. I do care about my health as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this might be true becasue I got some experience when I was working as a night shifts,many time I had a problem with irritable bowel syndrome(IBS) and sometime I got insomnia but sometime sleep tp much which is doctor said because I had not enough sleep regulary for long time and it lead to physical stress. After I quit my job and sleep propery for a year now every thing back to normal which can say sleep less, more disease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i kind of have the same exprerience with you because when I had to work late or may be non stop working for many days with a little sleep, I would gradually catch a cold. As you said when I stopped working, I got much healthier.

      Delete
    2. I have a sleeping problem at night here in Bangkok, maybe it's the wrong pillow or maybe it's still not used to it. I do not have insomnia but I got shallow sleep and dreams a lot, and getting tired after woke up. I think pin answered my problem that I need more sleep! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. There are some researches about what happens while we are sleeping. One of them says that sleep is a process of recovery - both physical and cerebral restoration. I think that these restorations have some effects on basic bodily process, so if we sleep properly we tend to function our bodies properly ,too.
    We should care of our sleeping habits, otherwise we may be suffered from many symtomps, for examples, we can get anxious, agitated and tired more easily.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.