Monday 16 November 2015

Bedtime mode

Nowadays, there are many people always spend a lot of time before sleep with their smartphone and no one knows that it is disrupting their sleeping system.
The BBC News article "Phones need 'bed mode' to protect sleep" Prof Paul Gringras said new smartphone should filter out blue light that delay the body clock. This light is good for using smartphone during the day but it is awful if using at night because it make people awake again in the evening.

For me, I always use smartphone before go to sleep every night and after I read this article, I think it maybe influence me about going to sleep late because I often go to sleep after midnight. According to this article, I will try to avoid using my phone before bedtime and try to keep it far from my bed.
Recently, I found some information about new iPhone which has a lot of new idea from the creator and maybe launch next year, so I hope the new model include "bedtime mode" that can help to filter blue light and make me spend night time with the phone without disrupt my body clock.

What about you? How often do you use smartphone before bedtime?
___________
Reference
Gallagher, J. (2015, November 15). Phones need 'bed mode' to protect sleep. BBC News. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34744859

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad someone blogged this. I saw it and resisted the temptation to respond, but it did interest me.
    I sleep with my phone beside my bed. If people call me when I'm asleep, I get a bit annoyed, unless they have a really good reason for waking me. Sometimes I do what I do during class: I divert all calls and set it to "Don't interrupt me mode."

    I've heard of the lights being a problem before. I don't know if they affect me or not. I think my main sleep problem is just not getting enough. I normally get up at 6:30 (another job my phone does), but find it really hard to get to bed before midnight, and often closer to 1:00 AM. Actually, getting to bed is fine, but I take a tablet with me to read ... just a bit. Or watch a movie or something ... just a bit to relax. I know this doesn't work as planned, but I still keep doing it.
    Am I addicted to unhealthy sleep patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also trying to stop using my phone before I go to sleep and put it down within eyesight, but not close enough to be a temptation. Now not only young people who are addicted to the mobile phone, but also the older people as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also trying to stop using my phone before I go to sleep and put it down within eyesight, but not close enough to be a temptation. Now not only young people who are addicted to the mobile phone, but also the older people as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In his fourth paragraph, Ming speculates about new features on the next generation of the iPhone. I sometimes wonder what the next Samsung Galaxy will offer, or a competing Android provider. I usually upgrade every second year, and the new features and improvements always amaze me. But what next? What might tempt me to ditch my current S6 in favour of an even smarter smart phone?
    In the meantime, I'm waiting eagerly for the spiffy new MS products to get to Thailand. But should I get the MS Surface Pro 4 or the Surface Book? (I don't exactly need either, but ... )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surface Pro 4 looks more distinctive than other similar modals of the hybrid device. I also have just known the comming of Surface Book a couple day before and it provokes me to think of other brands' appereance, quite resemble of them and lose the identity of Surface regardless of the specifications. I personally would choose Surface Pro 4.

      Delete
  5. When my sister goes to sleep, sometimes I am still awake. I let her turn off the light, even though there is nothing to do in the dark. In order not to disturb her, I turn on my tablet to read my books. I think using a tablet in the dark is worse to my eyesight than using it in the light because it does not take very long for my eyes to start becoming watery. I do not do it so often; hopefully, my eyesight will not get worse than it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about this info for a while, but I couldn't resist to surf the social before go to bed. The night time is a mysterious time, your thought or missing someone is popped up in your mind. Maybe I need the meditation to relieve my disorganization and then go straight to the bed.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.