Tuesday 24 November 2015

go out or stay home ?

Recently we pay attention about cautions to terrorism, especially ISIS which caused terrorism in France.
According to the article, The State Department says travel alerts “American citizens should pay attention when in public places or using transportations, be aware of immediate surroundings and avoid large crowds or crowded places, especially during the holiday season and at holiday festivals or events.
I feel this is quite serious travel alerts. There are many events in this season, for example, the Christmas, New Year. People are looking forward to enjoying this winter holidays. Many people crowded many places for celebrating each other.

If they avoid large crowds or crowded, this season’s holidays are very weird. But people crowd famous places, at that time, when terrorism happen, this area is very terrible and cruel.
If possible, give us winter breaks, terrorist ISIS , we need a break.
 What do you think about this alert?
___________
Reference
US issues travel warning in wake of terror attacks (23, November, 2015) the Washington post 

5 comments:

  1. Since the frequent terrorism news we have heard lately, I felt kind of unsafe in every where I go. In the news it can happen any places, temple, market, airplane, or even in the middle of city. So recently come up with the feeling that if it is unavoidable must really happen to me, then let it be. I must die in one day anyways, so the sooner does change the end result much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the news coverage makes terrorist acts seem much more common than they are. They are not increasing, and in Bangkok, it's far more sensible to worry about being hit by a drug fuelled driver on his way home from an after work party than it is to worry about being caught in a terrorist bomb.

      I agree that we all cease to exist one day, and whilst I would prefer that that day not be this day, it's not realistic to expect to put it off forever, at least not until we can upload to a computer. But is that then us?

      Delete
  2. I do not like to go to crowded places. It is quite annoying that there are so many people and they seem to block your way, so I find it very uncomfortable to move around. This is especially so at events that are set up outdoors, where it is very hot, then you start sweating and you can smell other people's sweat. That is why, I think I'd rather stay home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Loy Kratong, for example, is a great time to stay at home. Also Songkran and New Year, although I usually escape to Australia for Songkran, and I don't mind spending New Year at a friend's home.

      Delete
    2. I stop going out during these festivals for years, fed up with people fighting for food and toilets. So I try to make my holiday not in line with the majority and I found it so satisfying, feeling like having privilege and not to frustrated with crowd.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.