Monday 30 November 2015

Marching Employee

Isn’t it great if there is someone hire you to walk with digital money that can exchanged into reality world money. You can get the better health and the city is also more green. All of these start with your own feet.

According to the BBC, another new business platform has born in digital world again the Bitwalking app pay more when you take more steps with the device, smartphone you already have or the new device (developing wristband providing from Murata—a Japanese electronics manufacturer). 
The Bitwalking app shows the steps taken and how much the user has earned.

I have heard about the digital money before; some are fake, but some are more famous and credible like bitcoin. But for this one, I really cannot imagine how this can actually happen. Isn’t it like a new platform for business like Facebook? Isn’t selling the privacy of the poor citizens?

The source say they will not disturbing your privacy so much. "We may explore offering advertisers the opportunity to focus on different groups depending on how active they are, but we won't pass on any information relating to individual's movements.” The news said it can sell some of their privacy information but not the local identification.


I don’t know exactly is it a good news or bad news, but as a citizen of modern world, we should know and aware about our own rights and benefit very carefully. In a world of change, there must be a winner and loser, because the win-win situation cannot be made in every time and place.
___________
Reference

Simmons, D. (2015, November 21) Bitwalking dollars: Digital currency pays people to walk. BBC News. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34872563 

2 comments:

  1. I read Union's latest post just after writing my own on the amazingly wrong and badly written BBC News story by Ali Winters (my post is directly above Union's - I still had a quarter of a cup of coffee left, so checked out what was already on our blog).

    Union's idea about Facebook knowing a lot about us is exactly what I had in mind when I referred to Facebook in my own post: Facebook almost certainly knows us, at least our actual behaviour and likely future behaviour, much more reliably than we do. Sensible advertisers ask Facebook, not the people themselves, what motivates them, what they do buy and what they will buy.

    It is kind of scary that number crunching computers seem to have insights into me that I don't, but it also seems to be true. And I'm sure that it's going to accelerate as more and more data about us becomes available for analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never head of that before, I wonder what do the producer earn from it? It sound deceitful for me because of "no free lunch" that I believe in. If we earn something, they also must gain something bigger form us as a business.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.