Saturday 14 November 2015

Please stop hurting innocent people!

As normal person, we are brought up cautiously by our parents, we all love our family and cherish our happiness every moment. Everyone have a strong feeling of belonging in the family, however, what will happen if an unexpected disaster comes?
The BBC News article “Halabja: A 'lost daughter' finds her way home” reports one woman named Maryam, an Iraq baby at the time of Halabja attack, were brought up in Iran but recently returned to hometown to find out whether any relatives had survived.
Maryam is so lucky that she finds her mother and relatives by DNA matching under the help of the Halabja Chemical Victims Society. However, no one knows the exact number of children who are still missing. Maryam is just one of thousands of "lost children" who are now returning to Halabja to look for their roots.
When I read this BBC News, there were dozens of news about the Paris attacks which really astonished me that at least 120 people were killed in gun and bomb attacks in the city centre of Paris. Those people were just listening to a music concert, drinking some beer in a bar, or chatting with their friends when the disaster happened to them. They may have lost their parents, children, friends, or even themselves forever. Some other victims may have lost their legs, ears, suffering a lot of pain in body and mental. The whole world was shocked with angry and painful.
Losing family members is a disaster for anyone. I am wondering if the attackers also have the same feeling with me. If the gunmen lost their children or parents, will they feel painful as well? Those people who were killed in the attacks are just ordinary people in daily life, just like people around; they may be a sweet father to a girl, or a good husband to a wife, they may be planning to make a better life for their families. However that all cannot happens only because they were just killed by some extreme people they have never seen before. The gunmen not only destroyed hundreds of families with their hate and revenge, but also they have broken the dream of a peaceful and harmony world that we were dedicated to found for many years.
For the attackers, no matter what kind of purpose they want to achieve, I just want to say that please stop hurting innocent people; please don’t let terrorist attacks happen anymore. 

___________
Reference
Gol, J., Westcott, K., (2015,November 13). Halabja: A 'lost daughter' finds her way home. BBC News. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34723550

7 comments:

  1. The news today makes me sick. I'm going to study in Germany next year and I don't feel secure at all. What I could do is maybe staying away from crowded area, I think. And fortunately, the place I'm going to live is not in a major city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm sure that Germany is still much less violent and generally safer than Thailand, at least according to crime statistics for murder and other violent crimes.

      But I was also horrified when I woke up to this news this morning. I have so many ideas whirling around I think it's better to sleep on them and reply to Ning's post tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. I agree with MR. Peter' opnion that Germany is generally less violent and much safer. So don't be worry. Congratulations to you and may you enjoy your new chapter in Germany!

      Delete
  2. I feel really sorry for those who lost their lives in terrorist attacks in Paris and I understand the feelings Ning wants to express. However, I personally think that different people have various beliefs and ideas; that is the reason that sometimes we do not understand why some of them do not react the way we have expected. Hopefully, the government of France will find solutions for this issue soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opnion, if someone or some orgnization attack innocent ordianary people, they should be blamed and punished regardless of their brifes and ideas, especially terrorist attacks.Pray for Paris!

      Delete
  3. My heart goes to the victims not only in Paris but also in Lebanon and other parts of the war where there's war as well.
    I choose not to change my Facebook profile image to support France as that would mean choosing France over Lebanon, where there were losses as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't change my BF profile image either, for the same reason. The events in Paris are awful, but although in places less interesting to the international media and audiences, the same awful events in Lebanon and elsewhere really are just as awful.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.