Sunday 21 September 2008

BALL's respone to "What is Abnormal?"

I'd like to answer the question 1 and 2 respectively. In my view point, people who are normal fear due to natural instinct of survival different from a phobia. For example, while you are walking on the bridge and you are holding your bag. Suddenly, the bag slip from your hand into the river you try to grab it, but it has fall into the river and you don’t jump down into the river because you fear that is a cause of the natural instinct of survival. In contrast, the phobia is a symptom which is unreasonable fear and they can not control their fear. For instance, some persons fear when they confront with something such as eggs, mongo, and so on. Moreover, I often met to psychologist since I studied in bachelor’s degree at university. I met to her and told her about my symptom. She told me this symptom was not extraordinary; everyone could be same as you if they repeated to do something a lot. My symptom was strain as a result of reading books too much. Finally, she taught me about behavior therapy which helped me a lot!

1 comment:

  1. Who do you know that has a phobia of mangoes? (I don't know any technical term for that)

    Behaviour therapy is coming soon: next week.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.