Monday 22 September 2008

Kookai's response to "What is abnormal?"

I prefer to answer in question 1 and 2 in page 176

In question 1, I think that there are different between phobia and normal fear. The normal fear will fear in things which most people feel being normal. For example, some people snake, centipede, gecko, mouse and so on. They may response to fearful things in many ways. Some people may go away from their fearful things. Another may try to avoid from their fearful things. Other may encounter with their fearful things in order to reduce their fear. This fear may happen with other people and they can control their fear. Therefore, they think that this fear is normal fear. For Phobia, I think that the patients will fear which have different from normal fear. For example, darkness, high places, enclosed spaces and so on. They may not know what the cause of fear is. When they encounter with their fearful things, maybe they can not control theirselves. They may have different reacts to their fearful things. Therefore, their good choice is that avoid from things which they fear.

In question 2, I fear gecko. I do not know when I start to fear it. It looks so terrible and disgustful. I try to avoid from it whenever I see it in everywhere. I do not like its sound because it bring me to image to itself. If it was possible, I would not see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.