Monday 22 September 2008

James reponse to what is abnormal

(Starry Night, Van Gogh, Saint-Rémy, France: June, 1889)

I will answer the question 4 firs
t. As a result of AEP first assignment , I know that Vincent Van Gogh had Psychological Disorder in more detail. It his biography ,Vincent illness is caused by Epilepsy, dipsomania and schizophrenia. I think the first two problem may result in last one which is a kind of severe mental disorder. However, No one knew that Vincent had this problem until he had cut his ear after conflicting with his friend, Gauguin. He suffered from sleeplessness and hallucination. Although, I believe this problem at last cause him to shot himself, they may also have some influences in his most famous work " The starry night" which we painted while we lived in asylum. During his life time, only one of his paintings was sold but now all of them may worth more than billion dollars. Almost all of his master pieces collection painted after he had had mental illness. (thank Pat, your blog influences me to attach a picture)(Ward in the hospital in Arles, Van Gogh,Arles: April, 1889)

For the 3 question, I know one person who may has Cattaphobia (named by myself for severely afraid of Cat). I think this phobia don't affect much in living except losing chance to eat famous food where there are cats in the restaurants.

I have to answer in short or go to sleep very late which will cause i go to class late tomorrow. However, I'd like to share my idea about whether fear or other feeling is logical or illogical process. Can robot fear? I think it can if we program it to fear. However,it's up to the definition of fear. I understand that fear is the reaction to something that can cause us pain physically and mentally.

But now i think i have to go to sleep now. i will continue this later if i have time.

3 comments:

  1. "Cattophobia" ?
    It sounds fine to me, but ailurophobia might be better in a piece of academic writing, or a longer noun phrase. Although I used batrachophobia in my own post, that's not a word I normally use: I just tell people I have a phobia of frogs, which is generally a lot easier to understand. In fact, I only wrote batrachophobia for an ulterior motive that's coming up in class this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thank Pat for same reason.^^ Last night, I forgot to thank Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem , P'James & Soojin ;-) 55

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.