Sunday 21 September 2008

Pat's response to "What is abnormal?"

In question 1. I guess, the differences between phobia and normal fear are phobia effect patient's life a lot, they might not be able to live normally in some cases and it's also not easy for them to control themselves. Normal fear, I guess it's the fear the average people have and it doesn't effect life too much. I also think that normal fears are from what we've learned and mostly it is reasonable, like afraid of darkness because we don't see what is in the dark so that might make us imagine about something horrible, like criminal, ghost etc. However, they can control it, not like phobia patients might have other symptoms,such as heart shaking, dizzy or fainted.
In question 4. I've heard the news about one famous person long time ago. She is a singer, a model etc. I think, she had anorexia.

Victoria Beckham

Many years ago there were lots of model that had the kind of psychological disorder and also many ladies that would like to be like a model had it too. Nowadays magazines and televisions try to change social value that ladies does not have to be very thin to be beautiful but just not too fat, firm and healthy can be beautiful too.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I forgot to mention her name. Her name is Victoria Beckham. I guess everybody knows but just wanna make sure that I didn't miss some thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, actually, I didn't know who she was until you told us her name.

    And I agree with James - thanks for setting the example of including an image in your post.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.