Monday 29 September 2008

How long should it be? How difficult was it?

This is just a quick break from reviewing your essays. 

One person, who is also a human being, has said that his essay "is a bit long" (Yoann, personal communication, September 29, 2008). 

What do you think? How long should an essay, or a paragraph, be? 

In his email, Yoann also noted that it "is not the easiest topic to which I have been confronted," which is exactly what I thought. I wasn't joking when I said that question 3. was the most difficult. 

2 comments:

  1. I just take a break from my introduction paragraph. What easy this topic is that I've been writing it since 3 pm till now but not yet finished even only one paragraph. For me this person topic is quite difficult because i am not familiar with the western philosophy concept that distinguish person from human beings. In our culture with which I'm familiar,I don't know what the difference between person and human is and why they should be differed. At this moment, I'm still not sure that what i understand is whether right or wrong?. But I'll try my best and hope to finish it before early morning.So,I don't want to put more work load to peter bcoz he has enough essays to review for tonight. My essay will be sent to you tomorrow. This should be the good time sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to answer you question. I guess may be above 150 words a paragraph is enough. So if you write five one ,it should be around 750 words in sum.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.