Tuesday 23 September 2008

Pat's response writing to "Approaches to Psychological Therapy"

I would like to write about the second question, that ask, do I know anybody who has psychological disorder? Yes, I do. My mom had kind of panic disorder but it was almost 10 years ago. At the present, the disorder is not completely gone, she still has to take drugs but very seldom. She was kind of person that easy to get angry, hot-tempered and anxious. She thinks too much and never let any thing goes its way, for example if there is something that makes her disappointed, she'll keep thinking about it over and over again for long time. That kind of her personality is not good for her mind and her health and I guess that cause my mom this kind of disorder. She had trouble sleeping at night, sometimes in the middle of the night she woke up and without warning, her heart shook badly then she fainted. Sometimes it's just happen, like when she was driving, she kept complaining that she had a terrible headache. she said she couldn't stand it no more so she stopped at a hospital, just right after she stepped out of the car, she threw up and then after that she became unconscious. I and my brother had to go and get nurses for bringing our mom in to the hospital. After many years that she tried find the place that could help her, finally she went to Bumrungrat hospital, it took many years for her to get better. The doctor gave her some drugs, but I don't know what kind of drugs, and talked to her. I think, drugs did help a lot and also herself, she did adjust a lot like, try to be calm and try to let go of the things more than before.

1 comment:

  1. I think if she has time ,let her try meditation course. It's a good way to curb with anxiety ,fear or temper.

    There is many popular and comfortable classed arranged by YBAT. Please visit their website for more information

    http://www.ybat.org/index2.htm

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.